( vii. ) of appointments & pasts.

DARE!
( CHAPTER SEVEN. )

_______________

_______________

Elliot really wished she was anywhere than where she was on the fretted Thursday it was. Sat on the uncomfortable chair that was seated directly beside a whiny child with an incredibly runny nose, and a man who was coughing every two seconds; Elliot Grim really wished she was anywhere but the dreaded hospital waiting room where she was stuck at.

If you knew Elliot, you would know that she actually despised hospitals and doctors of the like. It wasn't anything personal; okay, maybe it was, but since the dawn of her eighth birthday where she was rushed into hospital with two broken elbows she also didn't trust bouncy castles now, but that was a story for another time which happened to be the same day when her grandfather had passed, in the same hospital she was sat in at that moment.

Grandad Phil was a beautiful human being. Being raised and born in Spain, he had traveled to the United Kingdom at nineteen, with nothing but loose change in his pockets and the clothes on his back. He had met her grandmother, Diana, after a few months of living in London, and it hadn't taken them long to settle down and get married, Elliot's own father and aunts and uncles coming soon after.

Phillip Grim was once her favourite human being in the whole world. He was a kind and gentle soul, with amazing stories to tell all the time. It was rare that little Elliot would have been seen without her grandad, Gran Diana always used to say that they were joined by the hip. And they were, right to the day he had passed after a year long fight with cancer, and Elliot was forced to say goodbye to her favourite person in the world.

So, yes, Elliot Grim had a large dislike to hospitals and doctors, though she knew it wasn't their fault; it was just how she felt.

She sighed heavily, breaking herself from her thoughts as she checked the time on her phone. A picture, of herself and Laura with Oscar, was shown on the screen, as Elliot frowned at the time her phone displayed. It was 12:49, and her appointment was supposed to be for 12:30. Yeah, she mused in her head, she really hated hospitals.

"Elliot Grim," a tired voice called, and Elliot quickly glanced up to see a nurse standing at the entrance of the doorway to the waiting room, the male looking rather worn out as he stood there. She hopped up from her chair, thankful to get away from the germ-ridden people in the room, letting a small smile be directed at the nurse who simply nodded down the hallway. "Follow me, please."

Elliot did as instructed, hiking up her shoulder bag higher as she did so, her brown eyes glancing to the many posters and flyers on the plain white walls hidden behind them, a few people passing by and some sending the girl a friendly smile. Elliot returned them all, because even though she would have rather not be there, she was still raised to be polite, no matter how tired or cranky she was.