Chapter 5: Team Up

I returned to work the very next day. To my surprise, the office welcomed me warmly.

Wait.

There's more people than usual here.

Kensi was as shocked as I was, so I assumed this was new to all of them. I was scared our team was getting split up, but then I recognized a familiar face.

"hello ziva!" I said.

The brunette Israeli spun around and responded: "marty deeks! So nice to see you again!"

Another guy said to Ziva: "marty deeks?"

Kensi said to me: "ziva?"

"oh im sorry i forgot to introduce you: marty deeks, LAPD, meet anthony dinozzo, NCIS. Deeks is a lot like you actually."

"Great. Two deeks. hi im kensi blye." I glared at he, while smirking.

'Tony' and I shook hands. Clearly Italian. "So nice to uh, meet you Marty"

"You can call me Deeks," I added.

Tony repeated, frown on his face: "Deeks." I didn't like him.

"Deeks and I collaborated on a case when Mossad was undercover in Los Angeles," Ziva said.

"Actually im ah, working for NCIS now,"

"WIth us? Thats great! Why didnt you tell me?" Tony obviously showed discomfort.

"Nah I'm working for the NCIS: OSP in LA. I'm a liaison between NCIS  and LAPD."

"Just like I was a liaison between NCIS and Mossad?"

"Yeah, like that," Tony interrupted me. He's already annoying.

"What the hell is the OSP?"

"Office of Special Projects,"

"We do undercover work," butted Kensi.

Tony, trying to prove himself? "MCRT. We solve the murders of dead marines."

"MCRT?" said Kensi.

"Major Case Responsive Team," said Ziva.

Some other Agent came in. Jeez, how many of them are here?

"Gibbs wants us all in there conference room. A woman named hetty lange of the los angeles team wants to speak with us?"

"Ah yes mcgee, these are Detective Marty Deeks and Special Agent Kensi Blye, from our Los Angeles, OSP base."

"OSP?" said 'McGee'? What kind of name is McGee? Ha!

"Thats what I said!" pouted Tony. All of them begin walking to the conference room.

"OSP stands for office of special projects. Since we do top secret and very important undercover work, it is not an official government organization."

"It's not?" I asked, I seriously did not know this.

"It's not? Ha! Hmph" Tony followed. Okay Tony's getting on my nerves.

Kensi, glaring at tony: "It's important that the terrorists do not find out about it." So she didn't like him eother. Good, I felt relieved.

In the conference room:

"I see youve all met" Hetty said.

"Detective Marty Deeks, Special Agent Kensi Blye, meet Washington's finest MCRT team: Special Agent-" 

"Very Special Agent Tony Dinozzo" Tony butted in.

"Very well, Mr. DiNozzo. Special Agent Ziva David-" continued Hetty

"We've met," I said Hetty, continuing: "-and Special Agent Timothy Mcgee"

"Mcgee?" I chuckled.  Kensi slaps me.

"ouch," I said.

The big boss must have came in, ebcause the DC team fell silent. He slapped me on the back of the head. How did he hear that? He was introduced to me as 'Gibbs'.  

Man, what is it with these DC people and calling them by their last names?