Chapter 16: Going In

Callen's POV

"Wow, Callen. I don't think we've ever been partners." Man, why did Deeks always have to talk, especially at the worst times?

"Yeah well, don't get used to it."

"Oh I'm not. Kensi's a much better partner."

"Yeah? Well Sam's a lot better than you will ever be."

"See, Callen, you take everything to seriously. You make it all a competition."

"I make it all a competition?"

"Yeah."

"You just said- No, I'm not gonna do this with you. Just shut up and stay put. Sam, can you hear us?"

"Loud and clear. That bickering is cute. Like an old married couple."

"Miss you too, partner."

"I'm goin in."

Sam's POV

"Georgy?"

"Ah, Agent Sam Hanna, you made it."

"Couldn't resist."

"I knew you would stop by."

"Anything for family."

"Exactly. And I'm going to test how loyal you are, to your family and NCIS."

"You can take one, but you can never take both."

"Oh I don't think that's true, Agent Hanna. I've got eyes on everyone. It's easier now that I have Michelle and your children in custody."

My face turned angry. "Where are they?" I was almost screaming.

"You can't see them yet, Agent Sam Hanna. But you will be with them soon. You see, they were just a lure to get to you. It would be so much more fu- rewarding, to have both you and Michelle in custody."

"Kill me. Don't hurt my family. Don't hurt NCIS. This was all me."

"But you can't take the blame, Agent Hanna. You're wife was also undercover, and she actually fooled Sidorov. That's an achievement! Until your buddy Marcel Janvier-"

"I know what he did!" I cut in. Janvier's name still rattled in my head.

"So what do you want? Huh? What was the whole purpose of stealing two federal agents and their children?" I was the first to speak again.

And it was one, simple word. I could have guessed the answer to my own question.

"Revenge."