Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Why Fall For Him

*Selena's Pov*

-

I closed my eyes as George rubbed my back. He turned over, leaning his cold, bare chest on my skin. He rested his chin on my shoulder. His breath was beating slowly against my skin, sending chills run throughout my body.

"Marry me" He whispered. My eyes widened as I turned to him.

"What?" Was all I managed to say.

"Let's get married and runaway." A smile crossed his face as he studied my expression.

"Where would we go?" I asked. I smiled at the idea.

"I don't know. We'd figure it out once we got there." He said.

"What about the baby? And Justin? George, we have no where to go. We barely have the money to pay for the rent each month. Let alone pack up and go somewhere else. And the baby is due in a month. I just," I paused. George's smile quickly faded once I mentioned Justin.

"Why is he apart of this?" His voice was firm but his eyes said the exact opposite. I could see the jealousy in his eyes.

"Because he's the father of my child." I said, slightly annoyed by his comment. The thought of Justin made my stomach feel uneasy. He has barely crossed my mind since he left. I only have one question, have I really moved on? I flashed a fake smile, setting my thoughts aside. George and I just starred at each other or a few minutes. As I looked into his eyes all I could say to myself was, I've fallen in love with my best friend.

"Let's get married." I agreed. A smile crossed both of our faces.

"Selena Juliann." George said. The biggest smile appeared on his face.

"I like that." I said, starring deep into his eyes. He placed his hand on my baby bump, slowly pacing back and forth. I placed my hand on top of his.

"Me too." He whispered as he lightly kissed my forehead. We slowly drifted off. I fell asleep in his arms.

George grabbed my hand, pulling me into a hug. He leaned against the stove. He put his hand behind his back.

"Does this bring back any memories?" As he said that, he stuffed pancake mix in my face. I gasped, laughing in the process.

George's eyes grew wide once I opened my eyes. He chuckled as he ran throughout the house. I followed him with a bowl in my hand, filled with pancake mix inside. He stopped, throwing his hands in the air. I put the bowl down. George cocked his head to the side. He carefully pulled me into his arms. Once our eyes met a thousand emotions shot throughout my body.

Our lips connected, moving in sync.

George placed his hands on my hips, gaining more control over my body. I ran my fingers through his hair as I rested my arms on his shoulders.

Once he pulled away, I grabbed the bowl of pancake mix and pored it on top of his head. He gasped as his eyes grew big. I wiped his face with my index finger.

"Hmm, you taste good, baby." I said, licking my finger. He let out a soft chuckle before he reunited our lips. Our lips moved in sync as our tongues fought for dominance. He pulled away. His eyes were locked on mine. As he held me in his arms, I found myself asking myself, why did it take me so long to realize I'm in love with him?

"I love you." I said smiling. For the first time in what felt like forever, I meant it. I have no doubts like I did before. I'm not caught up in someone else's love like I was before.

He looked me in the eyes and said, "I love you too." He twirled me around the living room as we laughed and showed love and compassion towards each other.

One last look in his eyes and I knew I was falling deeper and deeper.