Chapter 37: Lunch Time

The twins caught up with my and shook my hands. One each. 

"Good fight, but next time we will triumph!" They sounded like Elementary students. The lunchroom was nearby, and we all took a seat at the table by the window.  Usagi was rummaging through her bag, and Aoi... Oh my gosh, Aoi! His face! I know Yoru smashed his head into the wall but...! Blood poured from his forehead, and his nose was badly scratched. 

"A-Aoi! Are... are you okay!?" Yoru hit him that hard?

"Y-yeah. I'm alright, no problem..." He dabbed the blood running down his face with his finger.

Usagi pulled a band aid out from her bag. I don't think that'll help much.

"Here it is! You're going to be okay, Aoi-chan! Just a sec." Usagi covers the band aid with her hand and a light flashes. It now glows. She carefully plasters the glowy band aid on his cheek, and slowly but surely, it sinks into his skin. Wait...what? Once the band aid is fully dissolved, she pulls out a handkerchief from her bag and wipes off the blood. It no longer runs, the bleeding has stopped, and she cleaned up the scratch in the process. That, is impressive. But even when Usagi removes her hand, Aoi's face is still red. I can tell by the twins' looks that this kind of red is nothing to be afraid of. He's just blushing like crazy. 

"Now that that issue has been sorted out, let's go to the Cafe!" the male twin smiles. I think his name was... either Hiroko or Hiroto. I forgot which.

"Only if you pay." Usagi wagged her finger at him.

"Solis is an official witch now, that's special! We should celebrate." The female twin added.

"Yeah, but lunch is only twenty minutes long." Aoi pointed out.

"Aoi can teleport us there, right Aoi?" The boy twin asked.

"I'll do it if you pay." Aoi crossed his arms.

"No way, you guys pay." The girl twin gestured at Usagi and Aoi.

"I paid last time." Usagi defended.

"But you get employee discounts." The boy added.

"That's 'cuz I work there." Usagi pouted.

"No excuses!" The twins chimed in sync.

"Why don't we just not go?" Aoi suggested.

"NOT GO? WHAT WILL WE EAT?" All three of them exclaimed in shock.

"Well, why doesn't everyone just pay for their own order?" I quietly ask.

They all look at each other like they had never thought of such an idea. Then they nod, and decide that would be appropriate. Aoi uses his painter magic to create a portal, and we all disappear inside. We reappear outside the cafe from the other day where Usagi works. Inside, it is just as cute as usual. Usagi leads the party to a table, not even waiting to be seated. As soon as we've all sat down, the twins ring the bell and a waitress arrives. That sure was fast, but wait... how much money do I have? I haven't decided what to order yet! In my pocket are two yellow gems and a pink one, from before. Good thing I saved them. I can't order too much, so I get a sandwich and an iced tea. The clock on the wall says we only have ten minutes left to eat after we get our food, but no one seems to care much. The female twin starts a conversation through mouth fulls of food.

"So how is it so far Solis?" she munched. 

"I never would have thought school could be this fun!" I smiled, drinking my tea.

"Good. 'Cuz the afternoon won't be fun. Math, Science, History and Home Ec. too. Did I get everything, To?" She called him toh

"Yeah, all the boring stuff. Human classes. Meh. So lame." He sipped his soda. So he is Hiroto, and she is Hiroko. Noted. Usagi seemed slightly disappointed.

"Don't say that, you lazy... lazy people! Mathematics are the foundation of our society, Science leads to new discovery (and is super fascinating), History is just a class full of amazing stories to tell and things to learn about our past. And Home Economics is filled with useful things that every person should know, you learn life lessons every day in that classroom."

"Laaame." The twins sung together, and took turns sipping from their shared soda cup.

"Oh, but Home Ec. is worth it sometimes." Hiroto shoved a strawberry in his mouth.

"Yeah, that stuck up one, Yoru. Home Ec. with her is a big joke!" Hiroko smirked.

"The girl can't crack an egg, even with magic!" The twins burst into laughter. Is Yoru really that bad? I kind of giggle imagining her attempting to crack and egg but, that's still a bit cruel. Usagi shot the two a look. A sharp "that's enough" sort of look. Aoi called us together since we've all finished eating.

"Guys, two minutes to get to math! Leave your cash and lets go!" He opened another portal. We got in and returned to the lunchroom. I followed everyone up to the second floor.