Chapter 2-Bo

I punch the bag in front of me, letting out all of my anger. I bring my knee into the side as hard as I can, and the bag goes flying off, crashing into the opposite wall. I stare at it, dumbfounded, before shaking my head and walking over to retrieve it.

"Alpha, we have some intruder's on our territory," my beta, Caleb, says through the pack link.

"How many?"

"I'm not sure. We are coming up on them now."

"Okay, surround them, I'll be right over. Where are they?"

"Northern border," he tells me.

I sprint out of the training room and instantly shift into my massive gray wolf. I sprint through the forest, dodging trees and following the feeling my pack gives off. I was the biggest wolf in my pack, but I was also one of the fastest.

As I get closer to the spot of the intruders, and amazing smell hits my nose. I inhale the scent of fresh oranges. I sprint faster, following my nose until I come up on the ring of my pack around the intruders, the smell coming from in there.

My pack warriors part for me and I step through, instantly locking eyes with an amazingly gorgeous man. He has auburn hair that brings out the green in his hazel eyes. He is sitting down, but I can tell he is very tall and muscular. His tan skin is covered in dirt and blood, making me growl softly. I know who he is.

Mate!

My wolf screams at me, running around in circles in my head. I just stare at him for a second and he stares back, but I shake my head and snap out of it.

"Help the other one, bring them to the pack doctor," I order, moving over towards my mate.

I lie down beside him and use my head, telling him to get on my back. He gives me a curious look before getting the message and climbing onto my back. I carefully rise as his hands dig into my thick fur, making sparks and tingles run through my body. My spine shivers as he strokes my fur and my wolf lets out an embarrassing purr.

"You got him? Let's go," I say to Caleb before carefully running into the forest.

We jog through the forest, Caleb by myside and carrying my mate's unconscious friend. I sent all of the other warriors back off to their patrol, despite their protests.

We make it to the pack clinic and I slowly lower myself to the ground as my mate hops off. I shift into my human form and grab a shirt and a pair of sweatpants that were sitting in a basket by the clinic doors. We always keep clothes out to help. My mates eyes linger on my legs, before moving up my body and meeting my face. I know he saw all of the scars and bruises, but I don't offer an answer, instead I walk over to his friend and pull him off Celeb's back.

Caleb quickly shifts and pulls on a pair of sweatpants form the basket, before taking the man from me and carrying him up to the clinic's doors. I go over to my mate, the smell of oranges surrounding me. I grab one of his arms and wrap it around my shoulder as I help take him to the clinic doors. He is struggling with the metal in his leg and the many other injuries, letting out small hisses and whimpers from the pain.

The sounds make my heart break. How is that even possible? I don't even know his name yet.

"What's your name?" I ask curiously, but also trying to distract him from the pain.

"Tommy, yours?"

"Bo," I reply casually.

"Isn't that a boy's name?"

"Yeah, but...my f-father wanted a boy, so he gave me a boy's name," I growled, just thinking about him.

"I like it. It makes you unique," he grunts as he puts too much pressure on his leg.

I adjust my grip on him and stop in front of the desk. The nurse looks up from her computer screen and overs me a nod of respect.

"Alpha."

"Get us a room, he needs medical attention," I say sternly, trying not to snap at her.

She quickly gets up from her seat and gestures for us to follow her down the hallway. We follow her into a room and I gently place Tommy down on the bed, before turning back to her.

"Get us a doctor," I growl.

She nods her head quickly and rushes out of the room. I turn back to Tommy to find him staring at me with a small smile. Not creepy at all?

"Caleb, did you get him into a room for medical attention?" I ask.

"Yeah, the doctors are helping him now. Why did we save them without questioning them first? We never do that."

"Because one of them is my mate," I sigh into the pack link.

"Really? That's awesome, I'll let you two get to know each other," he chuckles.

I turn back to Tommy and take a seat in the chair beside the bed and offer him a wide smile.

"Your friend is going to be okay," I tell him.

"My beta."

"Huh?" I ask confused.

"He's my beta, Charles." he tells me with a grimace.

"But you aren't a wolf, how do you have a beta?" I ask confused, but take another sniff.

He smelled of oranges, but there was another scent that I didn't catch before. It didn't smell like a werewolf or a human. What was he?

"What are you?" I ask, getting even more confused.

"I am a bear shifter,' he sighs, watching me carefully.

"A bear shifter..." I start, but am interrupted when the door bursts open and three doctors come in.

"Alpha, you need to get tout so we can perform surgery and stich him up," one of them says, grabbing my arm and trying to pull me out of the room.

I growl at her and she instantly lets go. I look over at Tommy and see the doctors sticking tubes into his arms. I let out another snarl and move to sop them, but the doctor places a hand on my shoulder and pulls me back to face him.

"I can tell he is your mate, but you need to leave the room otherwise, we aren't going to be able to operate. You need to get out. We will let you back in as soon as we finish,' she says, pointing to the doors.

I look back at Tommy, and he gives me an encouraging smile and a nod as his face gets paler from the pain. I turn back around and storm out of the room. I pace the hallway.

This can't be happening. I actually found my mate! My mate is supposed to be the only person in the world who will love me without any questions asked. But what will he think when he hears of my past and realizes who I am. Is he going to think of me as the heartless alpha of the Western pack that everybody else thinks I am, without asking first. I'm surprised he hasn't put two and two together, but he was probably too shocked with finding his mate and too occupied with the pain to care.

What am I going to do?