Chapter 7: Breaking the Rules

Trigger Warning: idk if smoking weed triggers anyone but it's better to be safe than sorry, so there it is. Enjoy ;)

[Normani's POV] 

"Dinah," I called the Polynesian sitting next to me. "Have you... noticed something weird lately?" She gave me her best 'care-to-elaborate?' look so I added, "Between Camila and Lauren, I mean. Something... fishy?"

"Hmm, no, not really," Dinah shook her head, frowning. "Fishy how?"

"Like... They're hiding something?"

"Uh, no. What do you mean?" Dinah chuckled. She looked half intrigued, half amused.

"So, first," I probably sounded like one of those crazy conspiracy theorists from the internet but I couldn't help it, it was just too weird. "Remember on the jet going to the VMAs, when we were with Ally and those two suddenly disappeared?"

"Not really," Dinah shook her head. "Queen B was playing, I had other priorities."

I rolled my eyes. "Ugh, they were gone for like a hundred years, Dinah, how did you not notice it? Anyways, suddenly Lauren came out of the back lounge looking weird."

"Weird how?"

"With a... glow," It was hard to explain, I'd felt it more than seen it, but I knew Lauren enough to know something was different. "But it was just like level 2 of fishy, nothing big."

"But then," I had to make a dramatic pause because well, I'm theatrical. "Then Mila came out, and she looked like a total mess, her hair, her clothes, everything. Total level 8 of fishy!"

"How many levels are there?" Dinah wondered out loud.

"My point is; I think they're hiding something. I don't know what, but there's definitely something going on between them." I concluded, ignoring her comment.

"Mani, they were probably just... I don't know, talking about Cubanisms, or whatever's going on in the Latina world right now. Maybe Lauren got mad and started ranting, I don't know. But they're not getting... involved, not in that way."

"What about them sitting together in our overnight flight weeks ago?" I told her. "You gotta admit that at least a level 5 in fishiness, Dinah."

"Ok, it's official, you're being crazy," she chuckled. "Girl, it's an airplane seat, it's no big deal. They're barely friends. I bet you're seeing things where there's nothing to see."

"Oh, you bet?" I smirked cockily. "Let's bet on it, then, Dinah Jane."

Her eyes immediately lit up and I knew I had pushed the right button. That girl loved a challenge.

"Alright, let's bet on Camren." the other girl said, raising one of her eyebrows amusedly at the old name. "Who loses has to... give the other a hundred dollars!"

"And a bucket of chicken wings!"

"Deal." We shook hands.

"Easiest hundred bucks I've ever made."

"Bitch, you wish."

"We'll see," I smirked, trusting my instincts.

"Is it bad that I'd lowkey ship it, though?" Dinah blurted out. "I mean... it'd be hot."

"Dinah!"

- (days later) -

[Camila's POV]