Chapter 8: One Day at a Time

[Lauren's POV]

Getting high with her in a hotel room, what a silly little thing to do, I thought, shaking my head.

I had spent the last hour and a half doodling in one of my notebooks, but no matter what crazy forms my hands drew on the paper my mind still had one single thing stuck in it, and it was brunette, Latina, and had a great ass.

And was currently avoiding me like the Plague.

Camila hadn't talked to me since that night and I was starting to get fucking pissed.  It has been two days. Two fucking days acting like nothing had happened between us. Okay, I get it that she was confused – so was I –, and we almost got caught, but she could at least woman up and talk to me instead of acting like a goddam child, right?

Ugh, I sighed, glancing up at the girl in the other side of the Airport VIP Room. Camila wasn't even acknowledging me. She was now giggling at something Ashlee had said and it was the most annoying – and why do I find it adorable? – sound in the world.

Our European Tour had finally come to an end so we were gonna catch a flight back home in a few hours. Then it would be almost half a month of vacation before we saw each other again – was she just gonna keep on acting like this the entire time?

"I'm going to the bathroom," I told Ally, who was sitting next to me. I closed my notebook with a snap and stood up. I had to clear my mind off these things.

However, on my way back from the restroom I was still very much lost in the thought of that night in Amsterdam. I don't even know what got into me to invite her over, to be honest. One minute I was peacefully enjoying the benefits of a country with a favorable drug policy (take notes, USA), and the next I was texting her – I just couldn't help it.

You've made green my favorite color.

I remembered the weird sensation in my stomach when she said those words to me.

It was like I was somehow drawn to her. I have always been, if I'm being completely honest, since the very beginning. Okay, I would never admit that to her, or to anyone, for that matter. However, now that things between us were way more than just platonic, I couldn't help but think–

"Ouch!" Someone suddenly bumped into me. "What the–" I stopped abruptly when I saw who had collided with my shoulders, getting pissed out of sudden. "Watch where you're going, will you?"

Camila raised her eyebrows at me, crossing her arms in front of her chest defensively. All the thoughts I was having about her vanished, suddenly being replaced by annoyance.

"Don't talk to me like that," she frowned.

"Oh, right, at least I do talk," I scoffed. Did I mention I was feeling sassy today?

"Excuse me?"

I don't know what made me mad, but her look was so cocky, so fucking annoying that it had me suddenly fuming. Who the hell does she think she is?

"Right, as if you don't know what I'm talking about," I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you being so damn rude?"

"Oh, I don't know," I snapped. "Maybe because you basically fled the scene the other day and haven't talked to me ever since? Does it ring a fucking bell?"

"Wow, that was so uncalled for... and it's not like it's easy to talk to you without–" Camila stopped herself midsentence, shutting her eyes closed for a second. "Nevermind. I can't, ok, Lauren? I just can't do this."