A Man Of His Own Safe Haven

Amber's POV

Gripping my bow with every turn I made with Carl close on my tail, the screaming continued.

"Help! Help! Help!" They shouted.

"There!" I pointed in front of me. There was a giant rock with someone sitting on top, kicking at the surrounding walkers.

"Help! Please! Help!" I hurried and pulled out an arrow, soon letting it fly into one of the walkers' heads while the others took care of the other walkers. I glanced around to see if there were any more coming and there weren't.

"We're clear. Keep watch." Said Rick as everyone nodded. I walked back over towards Carl after retrieving my arrow that was in the walkers' heads and stood slightly behind him, looking up at the man on the rock who seemed terrified.

"You okay?" Carl asked as he held onto my arm. I just nodded and heaved out a sigh.

"Couldn't catch my breath suddenly. Don't worry." I stated as he just nodded and turned back around.

"Come on down." Rick said as he beckoned the man down. He was reluctant as he peered over the edge but slowly slid down in front of us. He looked around the forest and at us when suddenly his expression changed.

"You okay?" Rick asked, to only have the man hold up a finger and then bend over and hurl down towards the ground in front of him. I scrunched up my nose as I turned away, placing my hand on my hip. After a few moments, I glanced back over at the man to find that he was beginning to stand back up, using the back of his hand to wipe his mouth.

"Sorry." He said, looking up at Rick. He paused to look at everyone as he dusted himself off.

"Yes. Thank you." He continued as he smiled sheepishly towards Rick, who had a very stern look on his face.

"I'm father Gabriel." He declared to only have Rick speak soon after.

"Do you have any weapons on you?" Father Gabriel chuckled as he looked over at Michone.

"Do I look like I would have any weapons?" He replied.

"We don't give 2 shorts and curlies what it looks like." Declared Abraham, which wiped the smile off of Gabriel's face.

"I have no weapons of any kind." Gabriel replied as he announced it to the rest of the group.

"The word of God is the only protection I need."

"Sure didn't look like it." Said Daryl and I at the same time. We just looked at each other, then back at Gabriel.

"I called for help. Help came." Gabriel said as he looked over at both of us with a nervous smile, then gestured towards everyone else before staring back at Rick.

"Do you have- have any food?" He studdered. I reached into my pockets and pulled out some nuts, pecans, I think. I nudged Carl's arm to have him look at me. I held out my hand to him, having him open his.

"Whatever I- I had left, it just hit the ground." He said as he looked down towards the ground, referring to his hurl from before. I nodded my head over towards Father Gabriel, telling Carl to give him the pecans.

"We got some pecans." Said Carl as he stepped forward and opened his palm out to Gabriel.

"Thank you." Gabriel replied as he took the pecans from Carl with a smile and a nod which Carl returned. As he did so, I turned around to find Judith clapping her hands together and giggling. I reached my right hand out to her to have her face change into curiosity. She took my hand into hers and began to examine the bandage. Within seconds, she just began to giggle and turn away.