Defying Fate's Truth

Minato watched as the medics took Uzume away on a stretcher as Kushina took Arashinome with her as she returned to the stands and knew that sealing away Uzume's chakra was for the best. "Your son is quite impressive," said the Kazekage, "Are you sure he's a genin?" Minato smiled and said, "Uzume may have had training since at a young age, but she lost everything when she let her pride and greed take control of her." The Hokage knew that it was also his and Kushina's fault for not raising the twins better as neither twin should have been put into such situations. "That kid's pretty powerful," said the Otokage, "I wish we had someone like him." Minato feigned pride as he watched Naruto's next opponent, Neji Hyuga, enter the arena and prayed that Naruto knew what he was doing.

In the arena, Neji sized up Naruto as the blond stood before him. "You have a lot of courage to fight me right after fighting your sister, especially after spending so much chakra." Naruto knew that using the Seven Sealing Methods had drained him a good bit and being resurrected by Brook's power, but Uzumakis had a high chakra level and endurance so Naruto could still fight. "I have no problem with the situation," said Naruto as three swords appeared on his waist, "I can easily fight you with just swords and taijutsu while my chakra recovers." The proctor saw that both contestants were ready and said, "Hajime!"

Naruto drew one of the blades and began side-stepping slowly around Neji, who then began side-stepping as to not give the blond the advantage. Both fighters circled each other until Neji decided to throw the first attack, only for Naruto to dodge and counter with a kick to the Hyuga's side. The combatants returned to circling each other for another few seconds before Naruto went in for a swing. Neji ducked and landed a strike to Naruto's stomach, pushing Naruto a few feet from the force of the blow. Everyone watched the fight with tension similar to two ferocious wolves fighting for dominance.

"Why do you try to defy fate?" asked Neji as his eyes never left Naruto, "You cheated death with that odd jutsu of yours when your sister cut your head off. Do you not understand that you are destined to have nothing as no one would dare be with such a monstrosity such as yourself?" Naruto's eyes narrowed as he swung the blade and followed it with a knee to Neji's face. "What do you have against me?" asked Naruto as Neji rubbed the blood of his mouth, "I know you didn't have much to do with Uzume, but you almost sound like her. Is it because that Hinata is to be wed to me? Because there's another girl in the relationship and that the two of them are willing to share? What is your deal?"

Neji quickly rushed in throwing one attack after another while Naruto either dodged or blocked the attacks with his sword. "Although true that I have hardly had much to do with your sister," said Neji as he summoned a clone that soon joined the attack, "she should have been able to defeat you. She had training that you never had access to and your powers prove that you are what people see you to be, a monster. Lady Hinata should never be wed to the likes of you!" With one quick slash, the Neji Clone was decapitated before disappearing in a plume of smoke as Naruto drew out another sword. "If not for me," said Naruto as he crossed his arms, "Hinata-chan would be in Iwa being used for her Byakugan and they would have their own Hyuga Clan; one that could be loyal only to them or even stronger that our Hyuga Clan."

Naruto and Neji rushed towards each other and stopping right behind each other. Naruto felt the pain in his side, knowing that Neji landed a powerful blow while Neji's jacket had a large x-shaped tear in it. Blood slowly seeped from Neji's wound as the two turned to face each other. "I will show you that one cannot defy their fate. All lives have their paths laid out before them the moment they were born," said Neji as he got into a different stance. Naruto began to use his Haki as Neji launched his attack in a rapid motion.

"8 Trigram: 2 Palms!"

Two clear misses...

"4 Palms!"