regret.

Jenna swiped her turquoise pixie cut out of her eyes and continued sketching. She needed to finish this commission and three more if she was going to be able to pay rent this month. Taking a long breath and rolling away from her desk she stood up from her chair. She was really only doing this to keep her mind off of her.
Skylar.
The pastel girl had been her girlfriend, or at least friend for years, and Jenna had destroyed that. When Skylar and her on and off fling, James, were at the movies, Jenna had snuck into Skylar's apartment so she could leave a small present for Valentine's day.
Lying on the table by the TV remote was James' phone, and Jenna couldn't resist going through it. He cared so much about Skylar, he was going to give her a promise ring and  in six months he was going to propose?
Jenna couldn't stand the thought of some man taking her pastel gem away from her, so she confronted James about it.
He broke up with Skylar the next day.
And Jenna was to blame.
Skylar cried and cried until she couldn't breathe, and when Jenna finally told her what had happened, that it was her fault, she had hated her. She blamed Jenna, rightfully, and cut her out of her like for months.
When Jenna finally got the nerve to talk to her, Skylar wasn't the same. She was cold and unrevealing, but she said that she had gotten over Jenna's betrayal.
It was a lie.
And all Jenna knew now when she was with Skylar was regret.