Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I glanced over the bag and unzipped it. There were many cloths neatly folded and stuffed in that bag. I carefully took out them on the bed. There were Crop tops, shirts, jeans, sweatpants and jackets too. I kept aside one pair of black jeans and green floral printed shirt and waited for the Jake.

After half an hour there was movement near to the door. As I looked towards door, Jake seemed on the door. He smiled lightly and walked over to me.

"You ready?"

"I was waiting from last half an hour" I grumbled faintly rolling my eyes.

"Myra, I'm sorry but I was busy with my duties, you know what I ...." But I interrupted, "I know, what you are"

His face shadowed with glum. "Hey...cheer up, I was about to say that it didn't matter that you are servant here, the only thing matters is that you are kind hearted and at least you have empathy for me."

His face turned sore but then I pushed him playfully on his arm,

"Let's move now, take me to the bathroom" I carried dress with me and followed him.

I didn't even realise when I was become this much affable with him. But this was the fact that I feel little relieved in the company of Jake and Anna.

*****

After bathing for half an hour I came out wearing my shirt and jeans. I felt good and fresh. Anna showed up emerging from the corridor.

"They have left the mansion and will return late night." Anna said walking over to us.

"What? Did you just say that they have gone somewhere?" I asked in perplexed tone.

"Yes, they have gone."

"Then what are we doing here, we should hurry up to run from here?" I uttered loudly as they seemed no more excited to run.

"That's not possible Myra, There are demons outside the mansion guarding over this place." Jake said placidly.

"Oh..ok" I said sadly as my all excitement vanished with his words.

"Alex's birthday is tomorrow so they had probably gone to invite their guests. Every year Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg's throw a huge party on his birthday." Anna gave the information.

"So Mrs. Dakota had already instructed me in the morning that we should start doing basic arrangements for the party." she said addressing to Jake.

Jake nodded and looked at me, "Myra, I will drop to your room so we can start with our work."

"Hey I am not gonna go to my room. I will stay here. Please let me stay here. I will help you both in your work." I requested with puppy face.

Jake and Anna looked baffled but then they both nodded in agreement.

"I will start with the guest rooms and you two can start with party hall, ok?" Jake asked looking at us, we acknowledged him and he left for his work.

Anna and I headed towards the hall, she grabbed vacuum cleaner and started to clean the dusty floor of the party hall.

"Anna, Is there any work for me?"

"Yes but first let me finish with this"

"OK"

When she has finished, she asked me to follow her,

"This is store room, now we have to shift Wine bottles from that cupboard to the party hall", she grabbed trolley and we both started putting that expensive wine bottles carefully in the trolley.

"Anna, can I ask you something"

"Of course you can...no one is going to disturb us for at least next 8-9 hours" she said smiling.

"Ok, so, how did they detain you and Jake?"

Her face went sad; she sighed deeply and continued,

"I was only child of my parents but when I was 5 year old they died in car accident, my grandma nourished me, but cruel destiny never ends, it took my grandma away from me.

Soon, I got job in Mr. Patrick Goldberg's office. As I was his personal assistant, most of the time we were together for working purpose. Mr. Patrick was always happy with my devotion to my work. Many times he drops me to my home if it would be late.

There was heavy rainfall that night, everyone left the office. I did finish my leftover work and was about to go to my home. Then suddenly I saw Mr. Patrick was standing on the door of my cabin.

I startled to see him and was about to say something, but in matter of seconds his eyes turned from blue to red, I shocked and stumbled on the floor. In a shot of second he pushed us on the wall and sunk his fangs in my neck, my mouth let out loud blood curdling screams but he quickly covered my mouth with his free hand, I was very weak to protest against his grip, he was monster but he didn't kill me, instead he caged me in this mansion." 

*****

(A/N:- Dear Friends , Thank you so much, You have added my book to your library and you have read this chapter, now could you vote for me by just clicking that star below. please do it if I deserve smile on my face getting little appreciation from you.)