Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Jake' POV---

Oh my god! She could not even manage to stand after drinking that strong alcohol. Why the hell she drank it? Now what will happen if Alex would blame me and Anna for her stupidity. Shit! This is big problem now. I should inform Anna, maybe she can find the solution.

Myra was fully unconscious. Her back was already rested on the bed but her legs were still dangling across the edge of the bed. I pulled her around the legs and her back and made her lay comfortably on bed. I grabbed that bottle and hurriedly got out of the room. I packed that bottle in plastic bag and carefully discarded it.

*****

"Myra had stolen the alcohol and now she got drunk."

"What?" Anna uttered in shock. "why didn't you stop her Jake? what if....." she was cut off when suddenly the door creaked open and Alex came into living room with Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg. My heart cringed in fear. We both stunned at their arrival. Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg ignored us and they went to their rooms, while Alex looked at us suspiciously and made his way towards us, we quickly bowed our head.

"I am going to take shower, till then you get the dinner ready in my room; mom-dad will have their dinner in their bedroom." Alex said in his usual grim tone.

"Yes master" we both said in unison and departed to the kitchen.

*****

"Once Alex will end his dinner he will surely visit Myra." Anna said in trembling voice.

"I hope tonight he will not visit her." I said to dissipate the stress but who am I kidding?

We were washing the dishes while we heard the footsteps. Anna and I alarmed at the sound and in the next moment Alex was on the door.

"Who was that?" Alex asked looking furiously towards us.

"M..Master what happened master?" Anna asked shakily.

Sweat was started forming on my forehead which I wiped off with my trembling hand.

"Who had got her drunk...I know it's one of you only, tell me who?" he boomed and moved close to us. He fisted my shirts' collar and heaved me on the floor; his eyes were bloodshot read and smoking furiously.

Before he could rip off our heads I fortunately managed to cooked up a story and start off,

"I will tell you master.....In the evening, I went to her room to give her evening breakfast. But then I found her ice-cold on the floor, she was shivering badly. I put blankets on her but it was not doing any good. Then Anna and I decided to give her little amount of wine. But unfortunately she could not bear even that little quantity and lost her conscious. We were about to confess this everything to you however we could not dare to tell."

Alex banged his fist on the wall before glaring us and left from the kitchen. We both sighed in relief; after a little silence held and we smiled triumphantly.

*****

Mrs. Dakota called Anna and me in conference room and gave all the instructions about the evening party. I and Anna scribbled everything on our notepads.

Mrs. Dakota left the room and we moved to our work. After serving breakfast to everyone I went to Myra's room to give her breakfast.

Myra' POV---

I woke up on my bed with throbbing pain in my head. I shook my head vigorously and blinked my eyes for many times to clear my vision.

Suddenly I remember what had happened last night....shit! shit! I messed up everything, how was that possible; that tiny bottle of liquor knocked me off,

I was crying badly feeling guilty about Jake and Anna must be very mad at me, they trusted me and what I did, I did very foolish thing by thinking selfishly only about myself. Do they have got punished by Alex? I shuddered badly on that very thought.

Jake enters my room and without looking at me he moved towards table and placed the tray. I darted and hugged him tight seeing him fine in front of me. He pulled away and moved aside.

"Do you have any idea about your doings. You just pissed him off more and he was all set to rip off our heads. Alex was gone completely mad on us, but you were being you, you just made your mind and....."

"I am sorry....I am really sorry, I didn't mean to put you in danger. I was very afraid to stay alone and to face that beast." With that I stopped and broke down in tears. "I know I behaved selfishly, and now I lost you, I lost Anna, you all are going to hate me....." I stood there crying, with my sore heart, my eyes fixed on floor with shame and suddenly something stopped me, something smooth and soft pressed against my lips.

The surreal touch felt on my lips and my whole body soothed like it was craving for this moment for ages.

Jake kissed me.

*****

A/N:- Hello dear friends!! Thank you so much for your brilliant support to my story. Love you all and always will. Don't forget to Vote, comment and share.