Where the angels fly

"You're lying! You must be lying. It can't be true.." Chris said. He couldn't believe what he was being told, it just couldn't be true.

"Chris I'm not lying! She's gone! She'll never come back! Chris, Haley is gone, she's dead!" Ashley answered, only a few tears running down her cheeks, her mascara ruined.

That's when he lost it. Chris ran out of the house, tears running down his cheeks. He didn't know where to go so he just ran. He ended up in the nearest bar...

I woke up by the frost biting my red cheeks. I sat up looking around. My back was against a tree and the snow was scattered on the ground. It was freezing outside and I was only wearing a simple sweater. My turquoise hair falling into my sky blue eyes.

I couldn't remember what happened the day before, only that Ashley told me my sister had died in a car accident and that I ran to a bar.

I let my head fall back against the tree, closing my eyes. I started thinking about Haley, how she always gave the best hugs, how she'd always been there for me, and now she was gone, my wonderful, older sister that I'll never be able to meet again.

At this point I didn't even care about the cold weather.

"Hey dude, are you okay?" I hear a voice asking. When I open my eyes I can see one of my friends, Joshua, standing in front of me.
"No." I answer closing my eyes again letting the snow that had started falling land on my face before it melted.
"What happened, and why are you sitting outside in the snow without a jacket on? It's freezing!"
"Yeah, as if I hadn't noticed that already." I say sighing again.
"Come on, tell me what happened and let me give you a ride home. I wanna know what happened and why you're sitting outside with such a small amount of clothes on."

"I don't care. Just go home, leave me alone I really don't wanna talk about it and it's actually not that cold" I lie, not wanting to move or tell him what had happened. "If you wanna know what happened you can just talk to Ashley. She knows and I really can't be bothered to talk about it right now."

"Are you sure? It's the middle of January and it's freezing cold."
"Yeah, I'll go home soon, don't worry." I say looking down at the ground.
"Okay. Don't stay out too long, okay bud?" Joshua say patting my shoulder.
I see him jumping into his car and drive away, probably going to talk with Ashley.

I sigh yet again and stand up, brushing all the snow of my jeans. I start to walk down the street and after about half an hour of walking I see the gray building at the end of the street. One of the windows are broken and the paint have started to flake off.

I take out the old keys from my pocket and use that to open the large door. There isn't that much furniture and the small amount of furniture that actually still stand in the house is dusty and old. I walk up the stairs to the second floor and into the big lounge. I picked up one of the photographs from a table. In the picture there's a girl with her right arm around a boys shoulder. The girl seems to be around nine years old, the boy a few years younger. I let my fingertips touch the face of the girl. That picture was taken about twelve years ago of me and Haley.

Suddenly I hear something fall down behind me. I turn around and I see that one of the pictures on a shelf have fallen down to the floor. I go over and pick it up, turning around to see what's on the picture. It's a picture of me, and quite recently actually. It's taken without me knowing it and nobody but I have the keys to this house so nobody could've gotten into the house to put it there. I started to freak out since I didn't know how the picture got there and when. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turn around fast only to see someone I thought I'd never see again.

"Haley?"

"Hi Chris." she smiled at me, her white teeth shining.

"But, how?" I say staring at her with my mouth opened wide "you're supposed to be dead!"
"I am."
"But how am I seeing you if you're dead. That's not possible."
"Yeah it is. I'm an angel Chris."
"But why are you here then?" I ask taking a step towards her.
"I came to say my last goodbye. I saw how devastated you got when Ashley told you, and I just couldn't see you like that" she put her right hand on my cheek "I can't leave my baby brother alone and sad just like that without a goodbye."

"I'm gonna miss you so much." I say hugging her close, a few tears starts to roll down my cheeks.
"I'm gonna miss you too. Just remember that I'll always be watching over you and that I'm in a better place now" She hugs back "Take care of mom and Kelly for me now that I'm gone, and don't forget to let Ashley know that you're okay now, don't be sad, we'll meet again soon, you won't even notice how fast time goes."
"I will I promise. I'm gonna be the best older brother Kelly could ever wish for and the best son to mom."

"Thank you. I love you so much, but I have to go now, goodbye to the best baby brother in the world." She say smiling, giving me a last hug.
"I love you too, bye, to the best sister in the whole wide world." I say as she pulls back from the hug and starts to fade.

"I'll never forget you." I whisper when I no longer can see her.

I walk home and I'm greeted by Kelly and my mom. I pull them in for a long hug and whisper; "I love you."

The end

~~~~~

Thank you for reading this really bad story that I wrote as a school assignment about 2-3 months ago. I know that it's really bad, but you have to know that I wrote this with a deadline and it was really rushed. 
Even if this isn't that good and probably have a lot of spelling mistakes I wanted to share this with you guys, it will also show how I'll have gotten better over time. I mean, I'm not that good at the moment but I guess that in a couple of months/years I'll be a much better writer. 

Anyways, I hope that you liked this little story, have a continued good day, bye!