Chapter 2

Richie was telling Lori Beth about the fishing trip that the Fonz and Ralph were talking about at lunch.

"Lori Beth?"

"Yes?"

She looked at him when they were talking.

"I had lunch with the guys."

"You don't need to tell me that."

"I want to. There is something the Fonz mentioned."

"What's that?"

"The Fonz and Ralph were talking about going on a fishing trip soon. I hope that's okay with you."

"What day is that?" she asked.

"Our anniversary," he answered.

"Go on. I am listening."

So he told her.

"We agreed we would spend time away from everyone during our time together. Are you going to fish?"

"I think so. Why don't you come along? I am sure the Fonz wouldn't mind at all. I will have to ask him."

"Let me get this straight. You want me to come along and celebrate our wedding anniversary by fishing?"

"Sure. What do you have to say about that?" he asked.

"I just think it's a weird way to celebrate an anniversary."

"I know, but it's something different."

"That's true," Lori Beth agreed.

"That was the Fonz's idea for an anniversary. Not sure why he would invite me to fish with them when it's supposed to be us alone."

"You know how it is when he comes up with ideas like this," Lori Beth replied.

"No arguments there. We all think differently."

"I have another question," she said.

"What's that?"

"Ask him if you could do that after the anniversary is over."

"I will. You are more important to me than a fishing trip with the guys."

"That's what I'm saying. Family comes first, and fishing comes later," she said.

Richie agreed with her once again.

"I will call the Fonz later tonight and talk about fish and change his mind."

Lori Beth didn't say anything after he did. All they did was kiss.

"What should we do about the kids?" Richie asked.

"I think they might want to stay at a friend's place and let us be alone together."

"I like that suggestion," he told her.

"I know you do. I will get started on some laundry. Do you need something that needs to be washed?"

"I can do that myself, but thank you for offering," answered.

"That's all right. I will be putting the oranges and greens in first. Just so you know what color you would be doing."

"Thanks. You can go first if you want."

"I usually do.''

"I know. I love you," he said.

"I love you too. Please keep talking the Fonz out of canceling the fishing trip or you can go without him and Ralph."

"I will do that."

He watched her head out to the master bedroom. It looked like she will do the kids as well. He then took a few gulps of water all at once.

"That feels better. Time to call the Fonz."

Then he made some sort of face and said, "I will do that tomorrow, and not now."

Then he watched his wife come down with the clothes she told him about. She saw he hadn't moved since she went to collect the clothes for the washer.

"I thought you were going to call the Fonz."

"I will, but it looks like tomorrow would be the better day to do that."

"Okay."

Once she put the clothes in the washer, she came back and gave him a kiss. He did the same.

They didn't do anything else since.