Chapter Fourteen ~ Who's there?

posted 2/8/14

(Unedited - enjoy)

My eyes swim with bright warm colors, cracking my eyes open I notice my door is left open and light is flooding inside my room. I close my eye again and then I hear it.

"I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT BITCH!" I hear shouted from somewhere down the hallway. It can only be Valerie. Only her shrill voice can get that high and sound that annoying.

"Would .. quiet..." I hear someone whisper yell back at her.

"I WILL NOT!" She shrieks again.

I peal my warm arms from beneath my covers and drag my hands across my face. I rub my face a few times before sitting up. The comforter falls down to reveal a large t- shirt.

Its then I realize, I don't actually remember how I got here. The last thought I remember from memory was falling asleep in Ethan's truck. After moving my body a bit, I feel that the only thing I'm actually not missing. Which makes me feel slightly better about not wearing the same thing I was before passing out, is my under garments. They are still there.

Whatever Aunt Lynn made me wear which was this like strapless long bodice bra type contraption. I still have that on. So there's a plus side. Not that it makes me feel slightly better but the fact that Ethan took me home and I'm just slightly hoping my creepy cousin didn't change my clothes while I was apparently unconscious in a coma.

Apparently I was far more tired then I thought I was, talking did that to a girl I guess.

"She... purpose." Someone mumbled closely by my door. I couldn't make out the whole words because it was like they were trying not to yell. I was getting like every other word of whatever or whoever that person was saying.

"YES she DID!, God WHY are you defending her, she's such a FUCKING BITCH!" Valerie shouted again.

"Calm down." A women's voice says.

"Valerie, go to your room and get ready, training starts soon." A mans deep voice orders. I strain to make this one out. The last was Aunt Lynn and the man sounded very much like Uncle Chris.

"UGHH!" Valerie's voice moans, and you hear her feet banging down the hallway towards her room and a door slams shut.

"You can't really blame her honey, we made her go." Aunt Lynn said softly. I made it out clearly this time. She must have been the other soft voice I heard before.

"Go wake her sweetheart, I have to get to a meeting at the Larson Ranch, ill be back around eight." I hear the happiness in my Uncles tone while he obviously kissed his wife and left, his boots making the carpet make a soft thump as he descends the stairs.

I hear Aunt Lynn sigh loudly. I can hear Valerie shouting in her bedroom obviously to herself. The front door opens and closes and you hear the truck start and drive away.

Soon there after, Aunt Lynn appears in my doorway. She holds a soft smile and sees that I'm awake.

"I took your dress off." She says with a smile.

"Figured you did." I mumble.

"Thank you for coming last night." She replies.

"Whatever." I reply.

Pulling my legs from the bed sheets and finding some soft slipper she had bought me. The mornings here are slightly chilly. I'm use to the cold, much colder then this, but the super hot days are making to cold mornings seem more cold then they'd be to bother me normally. I slip on some sweat pants Aunt Lynn found for me last week, and then put the slippers on. Aunt Lynn left when I had replied. She didn't make it a large deal these days to make much conversation with me. She would just wake me up out of, I guess the kindness within her, and say hello every so often.