Chapter Two: Coming To Terms

~ o ~

I'm here

Where endless meets the end

Do you see me?

I'm hidden here again

Your whispers found its way

Calling me to stay

~ o ~

"Genji, are you alright? You look as if you're uncomfortable," asked Mercy.

The ninja squeezed his eyes shut and turned away from the cup he was holding.

"I was positive that two spoons of sugar would be enough but this coffee is very strong," he replied.

The doctor couldn't help but laugh at his reaction.

"That's what happens when you order a fresh cup here," she said.
"It is a very nice place, in a different way than the hotels I've stayed at in Hanamura," he said.

He placed the cup down before looking at her, his eyes locking onto hers. She stopped laughing, but unlike before where she would shy away, she instead returned the gaze.

"Switzerland really is an amazing place, and you say this is but one city?" he asked.
"It is the largest city despite the population being relatively low...another place that's very popular is Saas-Fee village," she replied.
"What is there to see?" he continued.
"It's one of the most popular places to go skiing and snowboarding, not to mention all of the resorts that have been built up there," she replied.

Genji nodded slowly as he looked out of the large glass window in front of them.

"Night is approaching, you said you wanted to show me something?" he asked.
"Yes...the view at night at on the roof is beautiful," she replied.

He got to his feet before picking up both of their bags.

"I will take these up to our rooms then," he said.

Mercy nodded as he walked off towards the rooms. She let out a heavy breath before looking down at her PDA. She had felt it vibrate numerous times during the course of the day, but she ignored it in order to dedicate the time to Genji. She sighed deeply; the work would never end for her. Being one of the leading minds in medical knowledge really did have its downsides.

"I'm going to have to work twice as hard once he goes back to Nepal...but I'm not going to worry about this now because this time is all about him,"

With a great sense of relief, she opened a conversation between her and the research team she was a part of and began to type.

Something has come up.

Continue as planned as I will be taking a few days to sort out important matters.

I will return as soon as I can.

Dr. Ziegler.

After hitting the send button, she let out a breath she felt she's needed to for the entire day. She then pressed a button on the PDA, which prompted a virtual face to appear on the screen.

"Yes Dr. Ziegler?" asked Athena.
"Hello Athena, could I ask you to forward any calls that come in to my mailbox?" I said.
"Of course Dr. Ziegler. I will ensure that you are not disturbed."

She then held the power button for several seconds and once it turned off, she placed it back in the pocket of her coat.

"Angela?"

I immediately turned around to see that Genji had returned, with a pastry in his hand.

"I know we haven't eaten dinner yet, but these looked a little too delicious to overlook," he said.