Saved By The Bell

"I didn't find him, I'm really sorry."

"No! You must've found something!"

"Lindsey!"

My mom grabbed my shoulder, sitting me down in a chair. I huffed as I looked down. If I looked up, I swear I'd jump at someone. I was just so...I don't even know anymore.

"I'm really sorry, I honestly tried. But in a few hours I'll be able to put out an official report. I promise, we'll find him."

~1 month later~

The police hadn't found him yet and they were suspicious he was...I didn't even want to think about it. It was dark out, definitely past midnight. I put on his black hoodie, pulling the hood over my head, my red hair sticking out a bit. It was big on me and went a good bit past my butt. I put on my jean leggings, just in case I had to run. I opened my bedroom window, looking back at my dark room before climbing out and jumping down, twisting my ankle slightly.

"Crap!"

Nonetheless, I saw the taxi I had called parked down the block. I walked over, getting in before giving him my destination. And then just like that, we started moving.

~~~

I got out and saw the familiar sight. His old apartment. I ran to the building and up the stairs before dashing into the room, which I saw bare. I huffed out, trying not to cry.

He wasn't here.

He wasn't HERE!

I paced around angrily, thinking of where else someone would take him. Not knowing where to go from here, I was still determined to find him, so I walked out before roaming the streets. I kept walking despite the odd looks and whistles. One guy even tried to flirt but I just flipped him off. I just needed to find Mark and I was sure he was somewhere around here. Just then, I heard a lot of talking and cheering inside one building with bright neon lights. Of course it was a stop club. I just rolled my eyes and kept walking before the thought of him possibly being in there crossed my mind. I mean, it wouldn't be that far out there all things considering, especially if his mom was involved. The thought made me want to throw up but I sucked it up before turning around and going into the building. The musty smell of sweat and booze mixed with the hollering and music and repulsed me, but I kept making my way through the place anyways. I looked around, not seeing him before I finally sat at the bar, looking down.

"Having a rough night?"

I looked up seeing the bartender smiling softly at me. I just nodded, feeling too out of it right now. I just wanted him back.

"Break up?"

I sighed, knowing he was trying to start a conversation.

"No, I'm just looking for someone. I can't seem to find them though."

"You're looking for someone around this side of town? Who are you looking for?"

"A...friend of mine. He went missing about a month ago."

"Aw shucks, I'm sorry. He was your age I'm guessing?"

"A bit younger actually."

"Jeez, that's horrible."