Flashback

KATNISS POV

"You killed my family! You're a mutt, mutts like you don't deserve to live!" Peeta screams at me.

"Peeta no, not real. Peeta believe me, I promise!" I try to say calmly, but sternly.

"NO! I hate you, you're a liar! A LIAR!" He says as he starts to shake more violently.

"Peeta, It's okay.You're with me, you're o-" I begin, walking towards him with open arms to embrace him, but his fist colliding with my face is what stops me.

I fall to the ground, cupping my face with my hand, wincing at the pain a little. That's when the real Peeta returns and realises what he has done.

He just stands there, staring at me as a single tear rolls down his cheek. I begin to stand and he rushes over to me and helps me up.

"Katniss, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it, I'm sorry, are you okay? I will never forgive myself. You're in danger when your around me, you're better of without-" He says, but I cut him of with a kiss.

"Peeta, don't even say I'm better of without you because I couldn't live without, I need you." I say, leaning my forehead against his.

"Katniss, I could kill you!" He shouts.

"Peeta, I know you won't." I shout back.

"But it's not me, it's the Capitol! Who knows what they could do." He says.

"Well, I'm going to have to take that chance." I say.

"Are you okay? I'm so, so sorry Katniss." He says, starting to cry again.

"Peeta, look it's fine. I know you didn't mean it!" I say pulling him into a hug and stroking his blonde curls.

"I love you." I whisper into his ear.

"I love you too Katniss."

While Peeta's upstairs changing, I decide to clean up the broken glass. As I'm sweeping away the glass I notice that he had spared all of the framed pictures of his family and friends, except for one.

Me and Peeta, when we were at Thom's wedding, one of Gales old workmates. He must have thrown it to the ground and ripped the picture into tiny little pieces. I know it wasn't him, the Capitol did it to him but I can't help feel hurt by how sick he must have thought I was.

As I finish cleaning up the kitchen, I feel Peeta's strong arms around my waist and he begins to kiss my neck. This has always been my weak spot, it sends a shiver through my whole body.

I place the brush down against the table and turn around to kiss him passionately. The kiss then turns French and I feel his tongue explore my mouth. After a while we break away for air.

"Are you sure your okay Katniss? I can't begin to explain to you how awful I feel." He says stroking my cheek gently.

I know Peeta and I can tell he hates himself inside for what he done, and I really don't want him to feel bad.

"Peeta, don't hate yourself. I'm honestly fine! I love you and we just have to focus on the future now."

"I love you too, Katniss." He smiles and pulls me into a hug.

I love Peeta's hugs, I always feel so safe in his arms, like there is nobody else on earth, only Peeta and I.

"Come on." He says as he pulls away from the embrace. "We better go if we want some food at the hob."

"Okay." I say, as I take his hand and lead him out the door.