Chapter 1

Zoruas Prov

"There it is! capture it, don't let it get away" the Pokemon hunters pursued the newborn Zorua as the Pokemon panted heavily as it ran through the dense woodland a fair way from the safety of its pack within the boundaries of the illusion tribes settlement.

It looked back and saw the large nets belonging to the three hunters along with the pair of Sneasel and a single Ariados catching up to it, escape would soon become impossible and soon it would yet again sold across various regions just because of its illusion ability.

The woods were soon starting to open up into a field, this would mean trouble since the open plains would mean more room for the agile Sneasel and supper strong bug type to take it down 'Grrr! Stupid humans; guess this meas I need to use my illusion ability!' the Zorua told itself as it leapt gracefully over a small branch. 

Reaching the plains, the small Pokemon turned around and started to generate an illusion. Its Piercing blue eyes glowed brightly and a small red aura surrounded its body and from its small stature a wave of red energy formed and soon a Pokemon called 'Buffalont' appeared in the illusionary hundreds and charged straight at its pursuers.

Hoping that this small stunt would by it some time, it slipped into a nearby bush and lay perfectly still as the Johto Pokemon hunters yelled in fright "w-what are these Pokemon?!" "run idiot..." "No! these are Unova Pokemon; that runts tricked us with an illusion!" 'curses, I shouldn't of used home Pokemon!' Zorua told itself off mentally as it resumed its sprint and no too soon after returning to the cover of the woods.

As the Tricky Fox Pokemon ran through the woods eyes focused forward, it wondered to itself 'are humans all this bad?'

(Y/N) Prov

The Girl walked solemnly through the woods of her home region called Johto; nothing much had happened recently since her time on the road after running away from the Orphanage after finally deciding she had had enough of the people in there.

Most were already Pokemon trainers, but one in particular called Grant used his Elekid to use thunder on her just for sport, when the staff came to see what was going on he would lie and say it was a missfire.

This one of the many reasons she had to leave. Her parents left her in a basket 9 years ago and since then she had been waiting for adoption but no one wanted her, there was no room for little old (Y/N) in anyone's hearts; even the youngsters made fun out of her. What was worse; the only thing she had been given by her parents was a small whistle in the shape of a Beedrill head! which goes to show what her old Mum and Dad thought of her.

Leaving Azelea Town behind her and just entering the forest on route 33, she shifted her backpack into a more comfortable position but (Y/N) head remained on the path below.

If (Y/N) was to look up now; our story may not have begun for if she was to look up our Zorua might not have bumped into her legs and if that didn't happen; our two protagonists would not have even have met and our story would not have begun...

The small Pokemon shook its head viciously and looked up coming face to face with a wide eyed 9 year old who had a mixture of fright and curiosity resting on her face. (Y/N) looked up and down and up again, closed her eyes muttering "I am dreaming..." then ever so slowly looking down again and meeting the blue eyes of the strange Pokemon again. How could this day get any worse? looking up once more, she was about to find out.

Zoruas Prov

Staring at the young human in front of it, the tricky fox Pokémon remained in its frozen stance and watched on as the girl muttered something under her breath only to look back down upon it seemingly hoping, or willing, for it to disappear. This human was weird, but at least they had not started to randomly chase it across regions like the Sinnoh Pokémon hunters.

Shaking its small head once again, it looked back and growled through its gritted teeth upon seeing its hunters and their Pokémon slaves coming far too close to it. Time to run, at least that's what it thought. It seemed like the girl could see that there was an unfair game of chase happening and had picked it up and started to sprint into the entrance of a forest clutching its body tightly in her arms so that it couldn't wriggle free or drop out. 

The scent of the hunters was coming close, they smelt like rotting Oran berries and rusted metals and their hunting Pokémon were just as bad. Managing to get its head over the girls shoulder, it growled spitefully upon seeing the capped heads of the hunters along with their brass Pokémon nets with their three Pokémon by their sides waiting for the command to strike.

"Sneasel's, Shadow Ball!" yelled the hunter in the red cap, his Pokémon obeyed without question and a black sphere came hurtling towards their 'prey'. Thinking fast, the young Zorua summoned up enough energy and managed to strike the black orb with a Shadow ball of its own and upon collision there was a large explosion of black energy. Unfortunately, the blast had caused the girl to fall over but whilst falling turned her back around and landing on her side so that Zorua would not be harmed.

"String shot Ariados!" the hunter with a blue cap barked like a Houndoom to his partner and from the spider Pokémon's mouth came a white threat which shot towards the fallen girl and the Pokémon which stood frozen as the attack came closer and closer.

(Y/N) Prov

(Y/N) heard the attack being announced; so as quick as a Ninjask she pushed the strange Pokémon to the side and barrel rolled away from where the shot had landed where she once crouched on all fours. It was a close call, however, thanks to years of dodging electric type attacks she had become rather agile.

Picking herself up again, (Y/N) stood as stoically as she could before the hunters and didn't seem to realise that the odd creature had slunk behind her legs, growling, from behind its human shield. 

The two hunters walked menacingly towards her with their nets resting by their sides "get out of the way kid, you don't know who your dealing with" one said with a smug smirk. (Y/N) glanced nervously at the five freshly made enemies in front of her "No, I don't even know what that Pokémon there is but I do know one thing..." she then pointed her finger accusingly at the group "...hunting Pokémon is wrong!" however, her accusation was merely laughed at.

Lowering her arm by her side, she clenched her fist as the hunter with the red cap said "so what, we get a good sum of money in the trade and that Unova Pokémon is rare and valuable and we would like it back." (Y/N) looked behind her at the small black and red Pokémon the questioned herself mentally 'Unova? is that a region?'  but deciding to ask that later, (Y/N) returned her gaze to the two hunters. His partner in the blue cap added menacingly "yeah, your not even a trainer yet; you have no Pokémon to battle with!" it was (Y/N)'s turn to smirk now.

From her pocket she produced her whistle which was carved into the shape of a Beedrill and held it in front of her smiling lips "no...but I do know that Beedrill have an immense hatred of people hanging around in their territory." Then (Y/N) blew hard into the whistle and suddenly a loud buzzing filled the air followed by the sound of angry Bee Pokémon.  

(Y/N) then picked up the 'Zorua' and dashed deeper into the woods not so long after a swarm of angry Beedrill filled the scene and swarming around the two hunters and their Pokémon. She may not be a trainer yet, but she still knew all about the Pokémon in the Johto region. It seemed like the two Sneasel and this Zorua would have to be looked up as soon as she reached a library.