ch 1 (edited)

(Past) Athena pov (edited 7/15/2020)(edited 12/1/2021)

It has only been 2 months since my beautiful son Legolas entered the world. He has become my pride and joy. Thranduil and I love him with our all.

He is our first child and we could not be any happier.

But sadly our Legolas was born in a horrible time. Mirkwood was at war with the monstrous beasts known as orks. Thranduil wanted me to stay with our child in the safety of our kingdom but I could not and would not leave him to fight on the battlefield alone. I was his wife, his Thiramin, and the Queen of Mirkwood. I would not hide in our kingdom while he and our people fought and died on the battlefield.

Thranduil and I, along with our army were fighting orks but the battle was not heading in our favor. The orks numbers we're far greater than our own.

Somewhere in the fighting thranduil and I had gotten separated from each other. I had found myself backed up to a cliff's edge with 10 orks and 1 cave troll. I knew I could not win this battle unless I used my powers. But I risked hurting my own people if I did. I did not have the best control over the powerful force that lived within me.

But If I was going to die I was going to die fighting.

As I cut down one Ork another had taken the opportunity to sneak up behind me. I screamed out in pain as I felt a blade pierce through my armor and skin and into my side. The orks seeing my moment of weakness jumped into action as the cave troll knocked my sword from my hands sending it flying.

"ATHENA!!" I heard a very familiar voice scream out over the war cries of our people and orks.

I looked down from the cliff's edge to see Thranduil looking up at me. His eyes were full of worry and fear. A single tear slide down my cheek as My knees were kicked in and I crumbled to my knees. My time was done, what could I do? I was too weak to fight anymore. Everything hurt. I had no strength left in my body.

I could see a small blurry Thranduil fighting as hard as he could to get to me but I knew he would not make it in time. No one was that fast. I slowly closed my eyes ready to accept my fate.

I'm sorry my love

I'm sorry my son

Please live well and do not forget me.

Before the orks could give the final death blow the battlefield went deathly silent as loud monstrous roars came echoing from skies above. Through the cloud bank came a giant line of fire burning whatever was in its path. Out of the clouds came 2 huge beasts one was white and the other black.

(Dragons!!??) my eyes widen in fear as one came my way. I screamed in fear as its claws snatched me up from the ground and started flying higher and higher with me in its grasps.

A horrendous scream filled the air filled with pain. My headshot in the direction noticing how familiar the voice that scream sounded. I immediately looked to where Thranduil was the last I had seen him. I could barely see him holding the side of his face in pain as blood ran down it. My eyes widen in horror and fear.

"THRANDUIL!!!!" I screamed as I reached out towards him. He watched heartbroken as I was carried off with the dragons disappearing into the clouds.

"ATHENA...NNNNOOOO!!!" he screamed out his voice sounding much louder than the battle surrounding him.

I felt myself slowly start to fall into the unconscious as my vision blurred and my head grew heavy. I had lost too much blood, which mixed with my pain, and exhaustion was too much for my body to handle.

(Thranduil, my love. Please take good care of our son. I will forever love you please never forget that)

----Time skip----