13

"Who's ready for some fun?," Sophie shouted while entering the empty classroom they had picked out for their little pre-yule ball celebration. She drew a bottle out of her backpack and wiggled her eyebrows. Michael and Calum where whooping while Luke laughed and shook his head.

"You continue to surprise me, Sophie Marie Launeau."

Sophie discarded her coat and tossed her bag into the corner before joining the others who were sitting in a loose circle on the ground.

"Let's play kiss, marry, curse, drink!," Michael suggested.

"Brilliant idea. 10 points to Gryffindor," she joked.

"Go on then, start," Calum urged Michael.

"Okay, Luke," he smirked.

"Hit me," Luke grinned back and instantly got slapped by Sophie and Calum sitting on either sides of him.

"Thanks," he muttered, "now the question."

"Kiss, marry, curse," Michael grinned, "Troll, Werewolf, Giant Squid."

"Ew," Luke scrunched up his face in disgust.

"You're disgusting, Clifford," Ashley said from her place next to Sophie.

Michael shrugged helplessly.

"Okay Imma marry the werewolf..," Luke said slowly.

"Why's that?," Sophie asked.

"Cause werewolves aren't bad, y'know? My parents knew one.."

"Yeah bro, mine as well. He was a teacher back when our parents went to school and he was part of the holy quartet called "The Marauders".. best pranksters ever and creators of the most powerful object in the wizarding world: the marauders map!"

"Do I have to understand ...?," Sophie trailed off looking confused.

"No," Calum laughed, "Ignore his nerd talk. But do you know Teddy Lupin, seventh year Hufflepuff?"

"Do I- Excuse me? Do I know the hottest guy in this whole school? Uhm, how can I not see his tall trained body and tan skin and long legs and blue hair and cute freckles and -," Sophie broke off, "I said that out loud, didn't I?"

Luke was laughing his ass off next to her and Sophie blessed him with another slap.

"Yeah, that's Teddy Lupin. Hottest boy in school, basically, but not most popular schools jock. He's the whole package."

"Hey??," Luke whined and pouted.

"Sorry boo, I am only stating the facts. But you're obviously wayyyyyy better than Teddy," Calum said giggling.

"Why is this whole conversation important for the game anyway?," Ashley muttered mildly annoyed.

"Cause Sophie has the hots for the son of a werewolf. So, see? Marrying the werewolf is definitely the right decision."

"Yeah. And since I don't wanna kiss a Troll or a giant squid, hand me the bottle," Luke demanded and took a long drag of fire whiskey. It burned in his throat and he coughed a few times, before grinning "Ashley, you're up."

They changed the game to truth or dare after an hour and stopped playing after another hour.

Luke was leaning with his back against the leg of a table, Calum on his right, Sophie on his left, both leaning against him. Ashley had scooted closer to Michael as well, her Ravenclaw blue hair cascading down her back and her bright eyes glossy.

"Can't we just," Ashley asked small, "Screw the ball and stay here forever?" She had gotten more and more talkative the more alcohol she had consumed.

"I wish," Sophie sighed. She definitely had the most of them all, but had a very high tolerance so it was hard to tell If she was drunk or not.

"We can't," Luke said, who definitely loved the effect of the alcohol, it finally made him calm, relaxed and more confident, everything he was lacking lately because of the Tournament, "Soso and me have to do that stupid opening dance thing." He was running his fingers through Calums black curls who seemed to be sleepy after having three shots of alcohol.

"That's sad," Ashley frowned, "I wish this moment could last forever.."

"Why?," Michael asked.

"I never had friends. This is the first time I feel like I belong somewhere and I am scared that once I leave this classroom, everything was just a dream. Or that you only hang with me cause you're drunk. Or that we'll go back to being strangers once Sophie leaves...," she was talking very quietly and fiddling with her hands.

"That's not gonna happen." It was Michael who said that, his voice strong, determined and sincere.

"I promise you, Ashley, we're gonna be your friends as long as you want us four idiots to be your friends." Calum and Luke nodded and Sophie added "and I will text you every day and we can Skype and you can visit me and I'll visit you. I promise."

Ashley's face softened and a real smile broke across her face. "Thank you," she said shyly.

"Now c'mon," Sophie sat up from where she was leaning on Luke and clapped her hands, "We two beauties have to get ready for a ball where we will slay our looks tonight. We better get going, or we will have to cut out the singing on top of our lungs to The 1975 while getting ready, and that'd be sad as fuck," she got up and held out a hand for Ashley to take. The two girls waved them goodbye and promised to meet them at the Gryffindor Common Room at 7:30pm.