Hello, Little Bird

I don't know why I was in Gotham. All I know is that I felt this... This... This TUG, pulling me there, so I vapour-travelled to Gotham, where I heard somebody crying. I walked towards it cautiously to find a boy in the alley, curled up against the wall.

"Hey." I said softly. The boy looked up and I saw his startling blue eyes.

"W-who are you?" The boy asked.

"I'm Persephone, but you can call me Percy. What's your name?" I asked, kneeling down in front of him.

"I'm Richard, but you c-can call me Dick." He said shakily.

"OK then, Dick. You wanna tell me why you're here in this alley? I mean, I don't know about you, but I'd rather be somewheres warm. You wanna go get something to eat and tell me why you're out here?" I asked. He nodded, so I took his hand and walked with him to a McDonald's. He got a chicken nugget HappyMeal, and I got a McChicken with fries and a Coke. We sat down at a table in the corner.

"So, Dick, you ready to tell me what's the matter?" I asked.

"M-my parents died a week ago. We were the Flying Graysons, trapeze artists. They always called me their little Robin. One day, they were performing, but a bad man cut the wire and they... They fell. I was adopted by this rich man, Bruce Wayne, but... I don't know why he did. He's never around, and I feel so alone. So I ran away, because he obviously didn't want me around and just adopted me so the press would like him." Dick said sadly.

"Hey Dick, why don't I tell you a story?"

"OK..."

"Alright then. So, once upon a time, there was a little girl. She was six years old. Her mom was a beautiful woman, and one of the kindest women you'll ever meet. She married a man who was very mean. He would hit the little girl a lot, and hurt her a lot. He told her that if she ever told her mom, he would hurt her. So the little girl didn't do anything. But one day the mom found out, so she got mad at the man. The man got mad at her, and killed her. The little girl held her mom while she died, then called the police. The police arrested the bad man, and put him in jail. The little girl was supposed to go to an orphanage, but they didn't have any room, so they sent her to juvie. All the other kids were really mean to her. When she was twelve, she finally met her dad and went to a summer camp. That was four years ago. I'm that girl, Dick. And I'm pretty sure that this Bruce fellow wouldn't adopt you if he didn't want you around." I said sadly.

"They made me go to juvie too. The kids were really mean to me too. Percy, I want to go back." He said quietly. I smiled.

"Want me to come with you?" I asked. He nodded. I could tell he was really tired.

"Yes... But I'm tired, Percy." He said.

"How about a piggy-back ride?" I asked, grinning deviously. I gave him a piggy-back ride all the way to Wayne Manor. He fell asleep halfway there, but I didn't mind. When we reached Wayne Manor, I knocked on the door, then brought Dick to the ground.

"Are we home, Percy?" He asked drowsily.

"We're back at Wayne Manor, Little Bird." I said quietly, then the door opened.

"Dick?" The man asked. Dick ran into his arms and started to cry. I smiled sadly.

"I'm sorry, Bruce! I promise I won't ever run away again!" He said.

"And I'm sorry for not being there for you. Now then, who is this young lady who brought you home?"

"This is Percy! Can she come in, please?" Dick asked.

"Little Bird, I'm not sure if Bruce-"

"Nonsense, of course you can come in!" Bruce said, and led me to the living room, where I sat down across from them. I saw that Dick had already fallen asleep.

"Thank you for bringing him home. Why did you do it?" Bruce asked.

"It was no problem. And well... I was orphaned at a young age, I was put in juvie... And I wish that I had been lucky enough to be adopted. And well, I didn't want him to waste this opportunity." I said, smiling.

"Well, thank you again. Is there anything I can do to reward you for this-" I cut him off.

"Can I come and hang out with Dick every now and then?" I asked.

"What would you do?" Bruce asked.

"I dunno. Go out for lunch, see a movie, go swimming... I've got a self defence class I run, if he wanted to he could join for free." I said. I had actually started sword fighting classes for demigods that wanted to live with their families. I ran it year round, so that demigods got year round sword training classes.

"That sounds fine. How about I bring him to your self defence class, what day and time?" Bruce asked.

"I'd probably start with one-on-one classes until he's caught up, so how does Friday at three pm sound?" I asked.

"That sounds perfect. I trust that you, ah, know about his past?"

"Yes, he actually told me about it. His acrobatics will work really well with the style of fighting I'm thinking about. And I've got a trapeze set at my gym. You're welcome to come too, I actually would really like to train someone new. I can tell you've already had extensive self defence classes, I could really design a unique fighting style for you... And besides, I'm sure that Batman would like a sparring partner." I grinned as I said that.

"Wh- I- How?" He stuttered.

"Pretty obvious, actually. One: You have the same build and jawline as Batman. Two: You and Batman have never been seen in the same room together. Three: All your toys have to have been designed by someone with an IQ as high as yours or higher. Four: You always have wounds of some kind. Five: All your toys are expensive, and you're a billionaire." I pointed out.

"Wow, I REALLY should have thought about that." Bruce said.

"Yeah, maybe. But you know, I put up a pretty big fight." I said, grinning.

"Sparring match?"

"Can I use my toys?"

"Yes. In costume?"

"What other way would we have it?"

A/N: As you have probably guessed, this is a Fem!Percy story. I got the inspiration for the beginning of this from 'Birds Of A Feather (Percy Jackson Fanfic)' by ICantPickAFavFandom. Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/49677031-birds-of-a-feather-percy-jackson-fanfiction Check it out, it's really cool!

<3 Wither