Chapter 1- The Introduction

Senior year, the most stressful part of a high schoolers life. Balancing a job, schools work, applying to college, and even romance (not in my case). Teachers don't seem to understand what it is like. There are so many projects and papers due. On top of all of this add in being the daughter of you fox shifter skulk's leader. Another think to add to the pile that broke the camels back is having three of your teachers leave right in the middle of the school year.

Right now we don't have a geography/history teacher, a music teacher, or an English teacher. Not having an English teacher is especially nice when your huge term paper is due in a month. That's right, a MONTH! Right now we just have to sit in the library and do nothing, which don't get me wrong is nice but I could be so much more productive right now. I heard a rumor that the school hired three new teachers to fill the empty spots, but who knows if that will happen.

My school is located right in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by cornfields. The closest museum is over an hour away (I might be a little bit of a nerd). Who would want to come here? Even our current teachers hate it, the food sucks, and everyone is related. At prom last year a girl accidentally went with here cousin (she didn't know he was her cousin until after prom) and that isn't even the worst part. If you aren't friends with the right people, aren't in the right clubs, and just aren't "in" you are basically a social out cast. I am right in the edge if that line.

I do my best, but no one ever notices me. Even the teachers don't know that I am there. Last year, my math teacher didn't even know that I was in his class, and it was a college level class and only had eight other people in it.

I have basically no friends. My best friend was my cousin, but we got in a huge fight (I don't even know what it was about). My new friend isn't even talking to me for some reason. My solution is to just ignore everybody and hope that things turn out alright. I this is my last year in this place any way and then I can go to college and get away from everyone, be who I want to be. Maybe I can come out of my shell.

"You had better either be working on your term paper or applying to colleges and for scholarships!" Yells my mom, Evelyn, from down stairs.

"I am mom! Trust me I want a good grade just as much as you do!" I yell back.

I hear her coming up the stair and down the hall.

"See I knew you weren't studying, I have the mom senses."

"Okay mom your right I wasn't working on anything, I was contemplating life. Besides I can't work on my term paper until we get a teacher."

"Well your in luck, the school just called and they found teachers to fill all of the positions."

I groan, I like being able to sit in the library and relax.

"Also, tomorrow you father is conducting the ceremony to welcome three new reynards into the skulk."

"Why would any one want to come here?"

"This is a perfectly lovely place to live. And find eligible ladies. May I remind you that you still haven't found your mate."

"Mom, I don't want a mate right now. I am too busy trying to get my life in order. I don't need to throw a possessive mate into the mix."

"You say that, but once you feel the mate bond click into place, you won't want to leave his side."

"I am done talking about this. Pick a new topic."

"Fine" she says pouting. "How is Fayre?"

Tell your mom that I am great, and very excited to get out, run around and play tomorrow.

"She says that she is doing terrible, and just wants to stay home tomorrow."

That is not what I said at all.

"Well tell Fayre that I am very excited too and that I am doing wonderful. Why are you so moody?"

"Well I am a teenager..."

"Just get some sleep okay, I want you looking bright eyes and bushy tailed tomorrow. I love you."

"Love you too, mom. Goodnight"

"Goodnight my little kit"

My mom leave and shuts the door behind her.

You have such a good relationship with your mom, I love it.

'Thanks, I am sorry that I don't say what you want me to.'

It is okay. I have one question though.

'What is it?'

Do you really not want to meet our mate?

'No, I really do want to meet him. I want to fall in love, get married, and have kits, but I am scared.'

Of what?

'I am scared that I will lose my self in the process. I want to travel to world, but I want to be loved. I want to follow my dreams, but feel secure. I want to be me. I feel like a mate would want me to be a different person than I really am.'

You know that our mate will love you for you. He will not smother you and keep you from your dreams and wishes. That isn't it is it though, there is more to this.

'Yeah, there is. What if he thinks that I am ugly, he can't see past my scars? What will I do then? I could not handle being rejected, it would break me.'

I promise, our mate will think that you are the most beautiful vixen that he has ever seen, scars or not. If he doesn't, I will rip off his tail and make him eat it.

'Thank you, you are my true best friend. I better be getting to sleep, I want to be ready for the huge amount of stress that is going to be piled on my shoulders tomorrow. Good night Fayre.'

Good night Farrah.

I hope that you like my first chapter. I know that my story will be kind of unusual, but bear with me. I will try to update soon.

Thank you for reading my story. Please feel free to comment and let me know what you think!