Chapter 5

*Chad's POV*

I know she's with Jeremy. I know she went to see Brendon. And I know that she's going out tonight. She thinks she's safe but she's not. And that's why I'm eliminating them one by one.

I'm on my way to see Brendon and the good thing is is that Brendon can't hurt me. He's too busy being held by handcuffs. But I have to get rid of him first. If I can do that, then my chances of being with her are good.

I'm in the waiting room waiting on Brendon. When he walked in, he saw me and looked shocked but not scared. Actually, he looked pissed.

"What the fuck do you want, psycho?"

"To talk to an old friend. How are you buddy?"

"That's it, I'm leaving." He said getting up.

"No wait!" I exclaimed.

"What the hell do you want?" He asked groaning.

"Stay away from Hayley. She doesn't need you in her life and you're just gonna fuck her up."

"Really? Cause last time I checked, you were the one who abused her and was sent to a fucking mental hospital. And prison to add to that."

"That was the past. Why must you bring up old news?" I asked.

"Bye bitch." He said walking away.

I hit the table in frustration and left to go pay a visit to a certain red head.

*Hayley's POV*

"Kellin!" I groaned.

"What?" He sighed out.

"How long is this gonna take?" I asked.

"Be patient Jones. Not long I promise."

"Better not be." I murmered.

I was at Kellin's office for almost the whole day. And by the time I got to Jeremy's house, it was almost midnight.

"And where have you been young lady?" Jeremy asked in a father tone.

"With Kellin, Dad." I replied.

"Why were you with him?" He asked.

"He's helping me getting Brendon out of prison." He gave me this look and I added, "Legally."

"Good. Cause I know how crazy you are." He told me.

I rolled my eyes and went to the guest room.

"Hey Jerm, I might leave to go to my house soon." I told him when I came down to hang with him.

"That's fine. Sorry Chad raided your home."

"It's not your fault." I told him hugging him.

"Make way! Baby Bliss coming through!" Kat said carrying her.

"Hey girly." I said in a baby voice taking her from Kat. "You've grown so much."

"Hayles, you just saw her this morning." Jeremy said.

"And I've been gone all day." I told him.

After playing with Bliss, (by playing I mean holding her and singing her to sleep) I went to sleep.

I came downstairs and made breakfast for everyone. I finished with that and woke everyone up.

"This looks great Hayley!" Kat exclaimed.

"Thanks Kat." I replied.

My phone rang and I went to go answer it.

K: Come to my office.

M: In about twenty minutes I'll be there.

K: No. Now.

M: Ok. I'm on my way then.

I hung up my phone and told Kat and Jeremy that I had to go see Kellin. I left and drove to his office. When I got there, Kellin was waiting for me outside.

"Kellin? What's going on?"

"Brendon didn't kill anyone. Mr. Forge, the man Brendon supposedly killed, was already dead. Brendon was trying to save him actually. Because Brendon doesn't know how to perform CPR, it looked like he was trying to kill him."

Oh my glob. Brendon is innocent.

"Well, do you have proof?" I asked.

"Don't tease me Hayley. That's offensive. Now, get your ass in there." He said.

I walked into his office and there were papers everywhere. Kellin gave me a bunch of papers stapled together.

"Read Section B Part 4." He told me sitting down.

I went there and read it (Use imagination to think of what it says).

"Oh my god." I said.

"We can take this to court right now and get Brendon released." He told me.

"Then what are we waiting for?" I asked getting up.

"The actual murderer. Not only that but it takes a while for these things." He explained.

"Well how long does it take?"

"On average, three to four months."

"Kellin!" I groaned out. "I want him now!"

"I know you do. But if we go now, maybe it would take about a month. Two at the most." He said.

"Omg Kellin." I groaned out.

We left to go to the DA's office (District Attorney) and we walked in and Kellin explained everything. Even stuff I didn't know.

"Alright this is good Kellin. We have enough evidence to take an innocent man out of jail and bring the real one to justice." The DA said. "Oh! I'm sorry but who are you?" He asked me.

"I'm Hayley Jones. Brendon's girlfriend." I told him shaking hands with him. "I'm also friends with Kellin."

"Ok." He replied.

I stepped outside so they could talk and Dakotah called me wondering if she could hang out with me today. I told her that I was busy with important matter. But, we continued talking until Kellin and the DA stepped outside laughing.

"Hey D, I gotta call you back." I said into the phone. "How'd it go?" I asked.

"We can go to court as early as tomorrow." Kellin said.

I jumped in excitement and hugged both of them.

"Oh glob, I am so sorry." I apologized letting go of the DA.

"It's quite alright." He replied chuckling.

"Thank you guys so much." I told them.

I walked out with Kellin and told him, "I can't thank you enough Kells."

"Anything to help a friend." He replied ruffling my hair.

"Agh! Stop it Kellin!" I said swatting his hands.

He laughed and we ran through the parking lot to his car.

"Gotcha!" He breathed out when he trapped me between him and the car.

I noticed how close he was to me and I saw his eyes flicker down to my lips and back to my eyes. He started leaning in until his lips touched mine.

~_~_+=+_+=-~+~-=-=+_=~+~=_-_==-~+_=_-=*=+_+=+~+|-_-_-_-~=~=_+~-~=~-|-_-=+_-~{=+_+_+~{>-~+_{>{>}_+_-~*_{<{_+_-<-_

Heyy! Sorry it's taken so long to get this chapter up but it's up and running! VCF!