Phenomenon - Chapter Two

Later on that day when you went home, you decided to answer the question that was swirling within you.

You grabbed your laptop and quickly typed in the acronym LOLOL.

A bunch of results popped up. You clicked on the first one which said: Leagues Of Loneliness Of Life.

"Hmm," you clicked on the link which led you to a gaming website, "it's a computer game . . . Of course."

You browsed through the website a bit, and found the information page. You clicked on it. It led you to the game developers website. You scrolled up and down trying to see what the game was about, but all the links seemed to lead to the same place. The game screen.

You finally gave up, made an account and started playing. You clicked a few buttons, until you figured out how to play, "Hehe~ This is interesting."

The game was so intriguing. You never wanted to stop playing. You weren't the best, but you hoped to get better. You seemed to keep losing in the battles, it kind of pissed you off. Guessing from the graphics and plot of the game; it was more aimed towards guys. Despite that, you weren't put down by the fact that you were a girl.

It seemed by some of the other users more girls were playing too. Especially, this one who's name was Shooting Star. Seeing the softer not very intimidating username, you assumed the player was a female. That was just looking on the leaderboards, of course you were still a beginner, so you received your own battle with a team of other beginners at the rate of your skill level.

The more intermediate players, such as Shooting Star seemed to be much more experienced and, well– better at the game. So they possibly got harder more impossible battles? Being a noob isn't very fun, but you'll just have to keep playing to get better. Maybe you'll even be as good as Shooting Star? How did she get so good? She practiced, right? One day, you'll even be better than Shooting Star! You hoped you would at least.

A couple hours passed, until you finally noticed the time. It was 23:52, "Crap!" you shouted.

You slammed your laptop shut and quickly ran into the bathroom. You scrubbed your face clean not bothering to even change your clothing.

Once you walked out of the bathroom you plopped down into your bed. You grabbed your phone, and did more research on this newly formed interest you had. Your eyes could barely stand the glaring light of your phone screen, so you turned it off. You rolled over onto your side feeling the small button that you found earlier that day poke you in the bottom. Reaching into your baggy pockets of your sweatpants, you pulled out the green button.

You set it aside onto your nightstand, "I'll see you in the morning, LOLOL."

You shut your eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep. You dreamt of beating and playing with Shooting Star. Not even knowing the slightest bit about her, you felt as if she was already waiting for you to come play. You smiled at your thoughts as you continued to doze off.