Chapter 7

I knock lightly on the door to Ciel's study. "Enter!" Ciel calls. I open the door, walking in and closing the door behind me. "Aylin." Ciel acknowledges, to which I bow my head lightly.

"I believe I have an idea." I admit, waving my cane about on the ground and leading myself to a chair. "I'm listening." Ciel urges. "We go to the Viscount's party with Madame Red, and Sebastian can keep an eye on Grell for the night. From what I last saw, they already have their next victim. Someone on the opposite side of London, I believe they mean to murder her tonight." I predict, crossing my legs.

"I can't attend the party as Head of the Phantomhive house, the Viscount would immediately become suspicious." Ciel points out flatly. I nod in understanding, "It's safe to say that, despite not being the Ripper, the Viscount is a suspicious character. From what I've been told, someone almost always goes missing at his parties. Not to mention, it would safely separate Madame Red and Grell without either of them becoming suspicious." I elaborate, leaning forward. Ciel sighs, "I'd be upset if you didn't have a good point. Separating the two may be the best way to go about ridding of Jack the Ripper." Ciel agrees.

"As for getting in, I'd be willing to put on a dress on for just one night. Working with the Mafia took me to many formal outings in order to blackmail certain Nobles, so I won't need any lessons on how to behave." I admit, my fingers picking at the handle of my cane as I lean back. "I'm sure you could manage simply putting on a different colored wig for the night and you'd get by." I offer, shrugging.

"The party is tomorrow night, so do be prepared. Sebastian will take care of everything for the event." Ciel concludes as I rise to my feet. I nod, "Goodnight, Lord Phantomhive." I bid before walking myself to the door and down the hall.

I'm sure tomorrow's games will hold much entertainment.

•   •   •

I bite my lip as Sebastian pulls on the strings of the corset.

These goddamn contraption are like a personal torture chamber for organs!

Sebastian had described the dress, apparently it's pink along with black and white; the one his master would have had to wear had I refused. He had it tailored to better fit me as I'm taller than Ciel by approximately three inches. Honestly, the Demon never shuts up.

Sebastian helps me into the dress, holding my ankles and gently placing them into the dress before pulling it up and slipping my arms into it. Sebastian ties up the dress, spending time fiddling with the different bows that he wouldn't shut up about earlier. He then grabs my hair, pulling it and twisting it around to style it.  Once he's finished putting up my hair, a clip is pinned onto my bangs and I feel something tickle my cheek. I gingerly reach my hand up, coming into contact with a lace piece that covers one of my eyes.

"You look lovely, Miss Aylin." Sebastian comments. I bow my head, "I'll take your word for it." I agree, sitting back on my bed as Sebastian places shoes on my feet. They're supposedly slippers, simple black flats. I rise to my feet, still uneasy about wearing shoes as the material beneath my feet feels strange. Sebastian places my cane in my hand and I mutter, "Thank you." as he lets me take hold of his sleeve to guide me out.

•   •   •

"Young Master, if you need anything, don't hesitate to call." Sebastian tells Ciel before closing the carriage door and separating from us.

"It's such a shame... Sebastian would've been the perfect companion to the ball." Madame Red pouts. I chuckle lightly, "I hope I am not stepping out of line when I say you are very entertaining, Madame Red." I admit with a smile, a double meaning stored away in my words. Madame Red chuckles as well, the carriage beginning to move. "I'd never allow Grell near a party, I'm sure he'd manage to set the place up in flames before long." Madame Red adds, making me smile and nod.

"But Aylin, I must say, you look lovely." Madame Red states, changing the subject. I nod again, "Your praise means very much, Madame Red." I respond. "And Ciel, darling, who knew a different colored wig and new clothes could make you look completely different!" Madame Red exclaims happily. Ciel scoffs, "I look ridiculous." Ciel insists, making me smirk. "You could always switch clothes with me." I suggest. "Tch." Is all Ciel says in response. "Anyway, where's that other man... Lau, I believe his name was?" I inquire. "He's in the carriage behind us." Ciel answers.

• • •

"This party is so cute!" I hear a familiar voice exclaim. My eyes widen and my breathing hitches. "Why, thank you... But I do believe I have something much cuter than all these things away from here.." The voice that Ciel had told me was the Viscount's responds. "Really?!" Elizabeth says. "I'll show you once this dance is over." The Viscount promises. I have my back to them as I hold onto Ciel's arm. I dig my fingers into Ciel's arm and I feel him shift. "What is it?" Ciel whispers. "Elizabeth, she's here and the Viscount is targeting her." I whisper urgently. Ciel's breathing falters. "We have to get her away from him." I demand. "Ask her to dance and don't leave her side, if the Viscount persists, I'll distract him."

With that, I release Ciel's arm and he walks to ask Elizabeth to dance. Once the two have gone, I hear more shuffling behind me, making my quirk a brow.

"White hair... It's odd, but very eye catching and beautiful." The Viscount comments from behind me. My shoulders tense and I turn around. "I'm sorry?" I ask as I turn, my fingers becoming sore at my grip on the cane. "Goodness, don't tell me a beautiful blind lady such as yourself has been left unattended." The Viscount says, feigning astonishment. "Only for a moment." I acknowledge dully, my concern washing away. "Oh my, little Dove, you seem bored... Perhaps I can show you to somewhere more entertaining?" The Viscount suggests, a smirk evident in his tone. I scowl, "Do not refer to me by such a vile nickname, you scoundrel. An adult such as yourself should know better than to take an attempt at a child." I growl. "But my Dove, you seem like a woman in my eyes." The Viscount presses, making me choke back a gag. I smirk, an idea coming to my mind.

"Give me your hands." I request, making my voice quieter. I lean my cane against the wall, reaching my hands out as the Viscount places his hands in my own. I place one of his hands on my waist and his other on my cheek. He snickers, "So impatient..." He remarks. I then intake a large breath.

"RAPE!" I scream out. The music comes to a screeching halt, and I hear gasps. I force tears to leak from my eyes and wails to escape my lips as the Viscount releases me, making me sink to the ground. Women run over, asking if I'm okay as they help me to my feet. I hear men shoving the Viscount away as he tries to stutter out the truth. "Aylin! Are you okay?" Madame Red asks, her voice panicked. Madame Red takes my hand, and I throw my arms around her. I hear people already beginning to whisper.

"He tried to take advantage of a poor little girl, and a blind one at that!"
"That poor girl..."
"And the Viscount seemed like such a gentleman!"

"Come, Aylin, let's go." Madame Red says,  grabbing my cane and handing it to me. Madame Red guides me to the exit, calling to Lau and "Marcus" (A.K.A. Ciel) over her shoulder. When we're away from prying eyes, I smirk.

Checkmate, Viscount.