Chapter 1

My grunt came out pig-like as my eyes squeezed shut due to the rays of sunlight seeping through cracks in my curtain.

Wait.

Sunlight?

My head whipped to the side as I peered at the alarm clock. Written in bold red digital numbers was 10:32am.

CRAP!

I practically fell out of bed as I scrambled to gather clothes to wear to uni. 'Crap Crap! CRAP! I'm so late for the lecture'. As I roughly tugged up a pair of black ripped skinny jeans, a baggy grey shirt with pineapples lining the hem of the shirt and an oversized hoodie that read "Welcome to the dark side", I managed to sift through my sleep addled thoughts and comprised a list of books I needed to shove into my bag for today's lecture.

I had tried my hardest to attend every lecture, and so far, I hadn't missed or been late for any seminars. That is... until now. As I rushed out the door, I swiped an apple from the fruit bowl on the bench top and sprinted out the door, locking it behind me. I looked down at my phone to check the time, 10:49am. I scanned through the train schedule and found the usual train line I take to the university campus. My chest heaved and my throat burned from running all the way to the train station. I tried to calm my ragged breath as I stepped onto the train and looked around for an empty seat. Finally spotting one, I walked towards it and dropped into the seat with a satisfying thump.

My mind began to ponder about the things it had not thought about in my mad rush to get to the university campus. It usually took about three quarters of an hour to reach the university campus and my lecture today started at 10:30am. Was it even worth going to uni anymore? The answer was no. 'All well, might as well use some of the money I earned from teaching little kids how to play violin to buy some nicer clothes, hadn't gotten any lately anyway. My lectures only went for about an hour, fudge it, I'll just ask Lily to take notes for me.' I unlocked my phone and opened iMessages to message her.

Delilah: "Hey Lily, I woke up late today because my alarm didn't go off, can you take notes for me?"

To be honest, I don't even know if I set the alarm in the first place. My phone vibrated in my hand and looked down at it, Lily had returned with a prompt response.

Lily: "Sure thing buttercup"

The corner of my lips tugged up into a small smile as I grinned down at my phone like an imbecile. Lily was always one to call her friends and family by names that made her sound like one side of a coin with very contrasting sides. Either like an elderly woman or a horny old man trying to hit on you. Such names included, "buttercup", "sweet pie", "sweet cheeks", "honey bun", and so on.

The train trip to the mall took roughly around 35 minutes. I took out my earphones from my pocket and plugged it into my phone, turning on some My Chemical Romance to help pass the time. After about 30 minutes, the train had stopped at a stop a couple stops before my destination.

The platform was deserted with the exception of what I presume to be a couple. The girl was was sitting on the male's lap... and... having a heated makeout session. The male was good looking from what I could see past the woman's face, black hair, sharp jaw, and physique that practically screamed underwear model. My cheeks flushed as I averted my eyes. I for one was all for PDA but no matter how for or against it you are, it still brings a blush to your cheeks. That is, until something caught my eye. The girl's body seemed to sway before her weight was focused on one side, causing her to topple from the man's lap and onto the hard concrete floor like a ragdoll. Limp, unconscious, dead. The whole situation shrieked with wrongness.

I sat up straight in my seat, my eyes widened, like those of a deer in the path of an oncoming train. I could now fully see his face, delicious looking lips with a sharp, defined cupid's bow, straight nose, and what caught my attention were his unusual eyes. Purple. Purple that seemed to dance and play with the shadows in his eyes. His eyes locked with with mine, burning deep into my soul. I shrunk back into my seat as he stood from his seated position and began walking towards the train, a small smirk tugging at the corner of his lips, presumably from the poorly hidden, terrified look adorned on my face.

Everything was silent, apart from his footsteps that seemed to echo through the train as he stepped off the platform and onto the carriage. The doors closing behind him. He walked down the few steps leading to the part of the train carriage I was in before seating himself in the seat behind me. Just great. My shoulders stiffened as I felt his stare burn holes into the back of my head. I caught a whiff of his cologne. It was a citrusy smell that was slightly intoxicating, somehow alluring.

'It's fine', I reassured myself, 'you'll be off this train in a couple of stops', I thought to myself.

"Who said you would be fine after you get off", a husky voice whispered into my ears.

I shivered as swung my body around. The man was leaned back into the chair, staring out the window, as if he had never leant forward. His eyes caught mine, a sort of otherworldliness swirling in his purple eyes.

"Did you say something?", I confronted.

He simply shook his head before returning to his previous activity, staring out the window. How fun. I couldn't help but shiver. My eyes lingered on him, finding it hard to believe that I was all of a sudden hearing voices in my head, before turning back around. Maybe I was sleep deprived, maybe I was going insane. I sighed.

"You smell delicious Delilah", the same voice whispered against the back of my neck.

I shivered again before my body whipped back around to face the man sitting behind me. His eyes yet again slid from the window to my face, a questioning look adorned upon his beautiful face.

"Look if that's you who's whispering things to me, I'd appreciate it if you'd stop!", my slightly irritated voice laced with fear croaked. He said nothing and continued to stare at me, as I do the same. He turned his attention back to the window yet again. Rude. As he did, I could have swore I caught a glimpse of a small smirk. The sadistic bastard.

I practically ran off the train when it arrived at my stop. The man had scared my shitless. Once I was off the train, I looked back. The same man, stared back at me, the hint of the small smirk that curled at the edges of his lips still present.