Chapter 12

Tom ran through the castle, trying to flee from the prince that followed. "Wait! Stop." Tord had called to him, two guardsmen started to follow. Tom speeded his steps, as he turned a corner he ran into the King. "Oh. I'm so sorry." Tom apologized. "No it is quite alright." Tord's father reassured him. "By the way" Tom said, and the king turned to him. "Your son is an amazing person. I hope you know how much he loves you. Excuse me." Tom said, running down the stairs and through the crowd. The king turned back around and chuckled as he saw his son and his best guardsmen running down after the man. Tom cutted through the crowd, up the stairs, and through the hall. He ran down the outside stairs. "Susan! We gotta go!" Tom yelled down. Susan whipped at the horse and the start to gallop to Tom. Tom tripped and his lily ripped of his suit, leaving a hole and tear in it. He was about to turn around only to see Tord catching up. Tom left the delicate glass flower and jumped into the carriage. They rode off past the first cage and just before the second closed. Tord saw the small, clear lily and picked up the small accessory. "Sound my horse." Tord said, staring at the rushing carriage ahead of the castle. The Duchess ran down with them as well, "No. Your highness, you must stay and host your ball. We'll get that man." She said. Paul and Patryck were putting on their helmets passing Tord. "Out of all of them. You had to pick that one." Paul said jokingly. "We were having such a good time too." Patryck spoke up, in snobbish way causing Tord to laugh and Paul to smile. "Find him and bring him back." Tord commanded and off they went.

Tom's carriage was just in the forest and starting to come down. He looked out the window noticing Susan's face was the head of a horse and the lizards were almost back to normal size. The horses were growing back large ears. Matt started running faster and faster. The carriage seats were turning back into seeds and the white walls were turning orange and fresh. As the pumping started to shrink, Tom knew he had to get out of there. Tom kicked down the orange slimed door and jumped out with the lizards in his hands and watched in a small amount of horror as his friends tripped over a root causing them and the pumpking to splat onto the ground. He heard the sounds of the guardsmen's horses and the toot of their horns. Tom got his friends and ran into the trees to hide when they past by. Once all the king's horse and all the king's men were gone, Tom and his friends came out of their hiding place. A few moments of silence past, until Thomas burst into laughter. His friends looked at him with concern. He told that between laughs that this was the "best night of his life." They all thought it was time to go home, Tom put the lizards and the mice in his coat and Susan gave them all a ride, but Tom noticed something a bit off. His coat wasn't the same black torn up one as before, it was the royal blue one he had worn to the ball. It still looked brand new, apart from the tear where the lily had once been. After walking for so long in the rain, Tom and his friends finally got back home. Susan was put into her stable, the lizards to the creek, and Tom and the mice back into the warm house. The fire was still going and heat hit them like the wind of a fan. Tom made himself some tea, the scent created a small sensation in his nostrils and the tea heat up his throat and then the rest of him. Soon, he heard the clapper of hoof prints and the loud, complaining of three familiar voices.