Personal Beyoncé

August 8, 2014

Kayla

"Kayla wake up, it's your first day back to school baby!"

"Yeah okay" I groaned as I switched the position I was in

"Don't make me have to come back in here"

"Ma okay, I understand" I said as I got out the bed as slow as possible

Today was my first day of 10th grade, I kinda didn't enjoy the idea of school once I hit middle school. So now I was just taking each day very slowly.

Last school year was okay. I didn't know many people at first but of course that changed. I just have a feeling this year is going to be better.

"Kayla you up?" My momma knocked on the door again

"Yes ma, I'm up" I quickly said as I walked to the bathroom & plugged the flat iron up.

Once I got done brushing my teeth my phone started ringing, so I quickly ran and unplugged it from the wall.

"Waasgood ?"

"Heeeey bestie!!!!"

"Hey girl" I laughed into the phone "you ready for your first day of high school ?"

Yeah, y'all heard me right. My bestfriend is in a grade below me, she's also two years younger.

"Yeah" she laughed "you know my brother moved back in with us so he'll be there too"

"Oh the one that stay with y'all daddy ?" I asked as I put her on speaker & started parting my hair

"Yeah, August"

"Mhm yup it's August 8th" I said

"No foo that's his name, August" she laughed

"Oh" I said as I busted out laughing "you know you never really talk about him like that & he's never at y'all moms house when I'm there so"

"Yeah true, well now you're gonna be seeing him more often"

"Figures"

"Girl shut up"

I started laughing again "Where my bay at ?"

"Girl he at his boyfriend house he not worried about you"

"Nigga my bay always worried about me"

Just in case y'all was wondering who my "bay" was, It's Tyla's oldest brother. He's 17 & yes, he's gay.

"Shut up" Tyla said, bringing me back

"You know what hoe I-"

"No I don't know what" she interrupted

"Ooou I can't stand you" I laughed "be ready in 15 minutes so I can scoop you up"

"You taking August too ?" She asked

"I guess so" I shrugged even though she couldn't see me "what grade is he in ?"

"10th.. the same as you"