PART 4

His eyes followed the ice which clinked along the glass melting away gradually every time he twirled the glass

His eyes followed the ice which clinked along the glass melting away gradually every time he twirled the glass. The lump in his throat was still there, getting worse as each minute ticked by. He couldn't get the encounter with her out of his mind ever since he had stepped away from the room. He looked at their photo, the one he had hidden from everyone, even himself with tears forming in his eyes, had he really lost her forever? The thought refused to sink in. Did all of it mean nothing at all to her, that she had it so easy moving on. He cringed for the nth time as the word Amma rang in his ears, his already bleeding hand curled around the glass in his hand, his skin throbbing in pain yet it was a pain too futile in front of the pain he felt within, he felt broken. He laughed to himself hiding a smirk when his heart said otherwise, it was not possible. Ofcourse it is, she must be happy that she moved on; his mind mocked. He felt choked at the thought, what if she really was happy? His eyes closed in rage as the thought and the drink burned down his throat. It was the loud and frantic knock on the door that brought him out of his thoughts. He walked to the door and pulled it open to find her standing there breathing in heavily, with sweat covering her face. She was shaken up.

Her eyes could still see the face clearly, the one she had spotted and her mind refused to believe it. How was it possible. It took her a few minutes to realize she was not dreaming and get a hold of herself. Everything flashed right in front of her eyes reminding her of every pain she went through all the seven years and what all she had lost in all those years. She didn't have a clue of what to do and there was only one persons she could think of to go to, him.

He stood there stunned with the door open as he looked at her ashen face. She was breathing heavily and her eyes looked like she had been crying. It scared him. His hands immediately went hold her though she didn't react to anything.

Ishita..what happened?

He shook her a little trying to break the silence and that was her undoing as tears rolled down her eyes and she held him.

Raman.. I..

She stammered as she tried to speak but he could feel her shaking, out of fear or shock was what he tried to understood and it started to scare him.

Ishita, talk to me. You're scaring me. What's happened?

He asked a little louder shaking her a little more this time. She kept looking at him and she could see the sudden worry in his eyes and his hold on her got stronger.

Raman, I saw her.

She said in a whisper and felt a shiver run down her spine. He felt the same and looked at her in anticipation but she only stared at him blankly.