PART 5

He kept looking into her eyes to find some emotions, something he could read to know how it felt but her eyes were cold

He kept looking into her eyes to find some emotions, something he could read to know how it felt but her eyes were cold. Colder than he would want them to be. Her touch was gone and he could see her sitting away from him, her hands on her face as she sobbed. It hurt more than anything, her sobs were the pains of cry that stabbed his heart. A part of him wanted to go wrap his arms around her but did he even have the right to console her when he was the one behind her pain. He felt tears tricking down his own eyes, it was her pain pooling down his eyes. His eyes refused to leave her face, he could see through her soul as she broke. If only he could hold her, take back every word he had said to her, undone the damage that had been done 7 years ago.

Was it his courage or was it his injured heart, she was shaking from all the crying when his arms wrapped around her trying to hold her. It only took her a second to look upto him, the pain in her eyes made him look away. He didn't even have the courage within the face her anymore knowing deep down he was the very reason for her anguish.

Why Raman? How could you..

She grabbed his collar shaking him, as the tears rolled down her eyes breaking him further. His hands yearned to hold her back, but he didn't afraid she might push him away, the one blow he wouldn't be able to take.

You said every word of it. To you that day I was a baanj, a manhoos aurat who killed your daughter. She wasn't even mine anymore, she was only yours. I became the step mother that day, the very truth was enough to take my life away Raman. You pushed me away from your life, you asked me to go away. I wasn't running, i wasn't running from anything, nothing belonged to me ever for me to run away. I was broken Raman, Ruhi was my daughter too, I couldn't save her but when you said those words, it took the life out of me Raman, I didn't have anything to live for. Do you know how it felt to hear that I killed her, the thought it self burned my soul and you just said it so easily. You said I don't deserve to be a mother. The wold called me those names Raman, it never broke me, only made me a stronger person but when you did, nothing was left. Why..did..you..What should I have come back for. To see your hatred, to live those bitter words in your eyes? I didn't need any of it. I don't even now..I can't..

Her sobs broke out as she ranted beating his chest with her fists, they were only touches to him. He could hardly feel the pain of it, her words were hurting him more. His eyes refused to meet her, he knew she was looking upto him for answers, but did he really have any? Another tear rolled down his eye, the thought of hurting her to an extent of breaking her killed something in side him, he knew there was nothing left in him to die, maybe it was just the hope of having her back which died now. Her absence from his life had brought out the worst in him, but did he again call it upon himself? His anger had always been the reason, this time it took the one thing he treasured the most, his love. This time he had broken her to an extent that even refused to look at the reality.