Chapter 1

Here we go... hopefully this turns out okay. Please comment what you think about this first chapter in order to help me fine tune things :)

Also a bit of a warning, there will probably be some language in this story that you may not like but keep in mind that I have just warned you ahead of time.

Enjoy :) x

-------------------------------------

"You ready?" spoke the smirking son of a bitch next to me.

I turned to his smug face before raising my eyebrows, "when am I not?"

He laughed, "Okay, on the count of three, one, tw-"

I shot off into the forest, not giving him a chance to finish his countdown, but instead allowing him to hear the sound of my laugh as it trailed behind me. I heard a slight growl from his direction as he struggled to catch up to me, dodging each tree and rock that came his way. No matter how many times I come out on top during these runs, Dan still believes that one day he will surpass me. 

I continue running smoothly through the dense land that surrounds our territory, easily making my way towards the pack house. I come up to the fork in the track and am quick to loop around before hiding myself behind the thickest tree I can find, lying in wait for Dan to arrive. 

Taking a quick sniff of the surrounding scents, I can pick out numerous stale trails from both myself and Dan, as this is an area of the land that we frequent. Hoping that he is too concentrated on winning to notice me, I crouch in my hiding place and hold my breath. Due to the both of us holding a warrior status, I know that It won't be easy to hear him coming, so I close my eyes and focus intently on the sounds of the area. I push past the calls of chirping birds and passing wild-life and instead listen for the footfalls of another being.

Eventually, the faint sound of crunching leaves reaches my ears and knowing that the impact was too great to be an animal, I leapt out of my hiding place and right into the path of the incoming Beta.

"Gotcha, loser" I exclaimed with a smile.

"Mother Moon, Kali! Are you trying to kill me?" 

Dan bent over at the waist, clutching his chest dramatically.

"Oh come on drama queen, as if that would kill you. Just wait until we arrive at the Granite Pack, I've heard that the men have looks that kill. Maybe you and I will be able to find some decent eye candy over there to help us survive our stay." I laughed, imagining the Gods that supposedly make up our neighbouring pack.

Dan rolled his eyes, "speaking of, we should be getting back, Ash said that we're leaving at 5."

Ash, my brother and the Alpha of the Skyland Pack, had decided to send the warriors of our pack to train with those of Granite. It wasn't just us though, this was an event that attracted several other packs within the region, allowing every warrior wolf to be involved in both learning and teaching the skills of fighting. 

I nod at Dan, following him back towards the house, observing him at the same time. He stood at 6"2 with a lean build that was common in our pack, had blue eyes and blonde hair that flopped over his forehead. He was nice to look at if I must admit, but unfortunately, Dan didn't bat for my team. Aside from this, I would never be able to think of him as anything other than a brother, as he had grown up with me and my family from the age of 5 - 15 years ago, after his own family had passed in a rogue attack.

As we reached the pack house, I could see my brother, Ash, standing at the bottom steps with quite the agitated look on his face. This was not a rare look for him, as I found that my actions often caused this reaction. Now, my brother stood at 6"3, with brown hair and green eyes, like myself. He was quite the stunner to the numerous females in my pack, made known by their constant whisperings whenever he was in their presence. 

"Bloody hell, Kali. How close do you want to cut it? I hope to the Mother Moon that you're packed and ready to go because you and the rest are leaving on the bus in ten." Ash spoke, running his fingers through his styled hair. 

I turn to Dan beside me, "I'll catch you on the bus, yeah?"

He nods with a smile and turns away in the direction of the bus which idles on the dirt driveway between the pack house and the forest's edge. I walk passed my brother, patting him on the shoulder, before making my way up the stairs and towards my room. Unlike Dan, who I know has already packed for this trip, I have yet to make an attempt at such a thing, so I begin pulling any items of clothing out of my wardrobe before shoving them unceremoniously into a small suitcase. 

Feeling satisfied with my efforts, I enter my attached bathroom and stand in front of the mirror, assessing my looks before I leave. The 5"7 girl that stands before me sports some long, wavy brown hair, green eyes and a slim build that I have worked quite hard for. Deeming my appearance acceptable, I walk back into the room, grab my bag and make my way downstairs and out to the bus. 

Ash meets me with a smile, "have fun, Kali, and please try your best not to cause any trouble. Who knows, maybe you'll meet your match over there, huh?"

I snort, "sure, sure. Maybe the pigs will fly too?"

He shakes his head and leans down to give me a hug, which I return, before pulling away and making my way onto the bus, which is chocked full of warriors from my pack. I find my seat next to Dan and settle in for the ride, thoughts stuck on my brother's words about meeting my match. Mates are a common thing between werewolves, with each individual typically meeting their other half between the ages of 17 to 28, though it has been known to sometimes occur outside of this range. 

Personally, I don't want to find my mate yet, I just believe that I have a lot more to learn and to do before I have to be tied down by some wolf. Despite this, I don't mind a little bit of eye candy here and there, I mean I have to find entertainment somehow don't I? Luckily for me, my best friend happens to be gay and therefore this leaves me with a perving buddy! I look over to said friend, smiling slightly at my thoughts. Whilst I don't wish a mate upon myself, I do hope that Dan finds his other half, one that will care for him even more than I do, which is a shit tonne. I know that he deserves it more than any body else that I know, due to his warm and caring heart. Cheesy? I know, don't worry, I'll cut it out. 

I just know that right now, I'm ready to whoop some ass...