Chapter 2

Here's the second chapter - as I am too impatient to update slowly right now.

Here's to hoping this story picks up some reads...

Enjoy :) x

----------------------------

I sniffed, cringed and coughed as the smoke wafted around me, blinding my senses. The sound of chaos surrounded me, making it impossible to discern where I was and what was happening. 

I felt around me, finding nothing but the cold forest floor upon which I was sat. 

"Mum? Dad? Ash? JEREMY?" I screamed, my voice sounding hoarse.

The faintest sound reached my ears, much like a whisper, "Kali! Help!"

I felt a slight nudge on my right side, causing my eyes to open and my dream to evaporate within my mind. 

Dan sat next to me, eye filled with concern, "hey, you alright?"

I nodded before looking around, noticing the lack of movement from under me. 

"We're here already?" I asked, shocked.

"Sure are, you slept the whole way, Miss Sleeping Beauty", he mocked.

I made a face and stood, making my way down to the front of the bus and out onto the grass. I felt Dan hop down beside me and we both took our time to look around, noticing the lack of people, as well as the lack of eye candy. 

Ahead of us stood a large building, double the size of our pack house back home, which makes sense considering that the Granite Pack had double the numbers, thus rendering them the strongest pack of the region. I've heard that the Alpha is excessively strict about his member's training, hence why the warriors gather on his territory, however, I have yet to meet this man myself. There have been rumours about him though, how he has never been seen with a woman, how his looks surpass those of a roman god and there has been talk within my pack about his attitude and the harsh front that he holds. 

I turned to Dan, "where is everyone? I know we're all an ugly sort, but I've never made people run away..."

He shrugs and opens his mouth to speak, but is interrupted by a timid voice, "hello?"

Our eyes fall on a boy, who couldn't have been older than 15, that stood before us with a shy smile. 

"You're here for the training right?" he asked.

"Yeah, but it looks as though no one else has arrived?" I asked.

He lets out a small laugh, "no, every body else is just in the hall for lunch, you know? Come, I've been asked by Beta Elijah to bring you there".

I nod and wait for him to lead the way. I feel the rest of my group exit the bus and follow behind Dan and I, chattering amongst themselves. We are led across the short pathway and the boy heads into the large pack house, looking back towards us, making sure that we have followed him. As soon as we enter the place, it is as though a volume switch has been flicked, the sound of numerous people talking reaching my ears. 

I notice Dan fidgeting beside me and turn my head towards him, "you okay there?"

"Yeah, I don't know what it is but my wolf is feeling kind of anxious" he states, looking around.

Looking ahead, I see that the boy has stopped in front of a set of double doors, most likely enclosing the rest of the wolves. 

"My name is Kade, by the way", the boy states, his cheeks tinting red. "Beta Elijah will meet with you shortly, so please help yourselves to the food".