Prologue

Bayley. When her entrance music hits, the crowd goes wild. The kids jump on their  feet and Bayley couldn't be happier. Life is perfect right now. As it seems... She is living her dream and has all the momentum in the world! That feeling when you wake up knowing thousands upon thousands of kids look up to you amazes her. 

Sometimes though it's a burden. One wrong move and the media is at her throat. She can't be seen wearing the wrong clothes. She can't ever be angry. She has to live up to expectations. Not her own, but the ones of people she doesn't even know the name of. Nothing can be done for herself. She knows that wherever she goes, there is always a fan who wants to say hi. There is always a parent who wants to thank her for being a role-model for their child. There is always a camera shoved in her face.

Sometimes sleeping has become such a painful task. She can't help but toss and turn in bed looking at every curtain ensuring you can't see inside. That feeling of being watched haunts her. Can't the world just leave her alone? For just one day? 

Bayley's kindness has always been a trait her whole life. It got her many friends in school, it has her as the biggest female in the WWE, it has killed her own decisions. How many times will someone rely on her to perform a favour because they know she is nice enough to do it? When will someone ever do something for her? Even the littlest pleas spark a bit of anger. "Why can't you do that yourself? I have things to do too." The torture never ends. 

Bayley can't help but think she did this to herself. If she hasn't been the nicest girl you could meet, would she be in this predicament? Would Bayley even be Bayley? What defines her is smiles and bright colours. The silliness in her wacky waving inflatable Bayley Buddies shows the inner child. The constant hugging making her lovable. That side ponytail that ever little girl wants to wear now. What if all of that was taken away? What would happen if a knife had cut Bayley's skin and a new girl ripped their way out? How would the world react when the hugs stop? The smile disappears? The charisma dead? Would she finally get some privacy if she shut everyone out?