Chapter Six: Suspect

Charlotte was balling her eyes out as she witnessed staff dismantle the rig that the pipe was a part of. There was constant running in and out with all of these different tools. It took about thirty minutes. It must of been the longest thirty minutes of her life. She kept fearing one of them was severely hurt. Maybe even dead. None of them moved an inch. Both of their faces were blue and if care didn't come quick, God knows what will happen! Charlotte covered her mouth the entire time as she watched two of her friends constantly being told they'll be okay. The type of phrases that you would hear for comfort after being hit by a truck. The pipe was removed and the handcuff slid off the edge. Sasha's arm stayed up. Before Charlotte knew it, medical staff picked them up and placed them on a cart. They were literally frozen in place! Charlotte followed them to the hospital drenched in sweat and fear.

* * *

When Charlotte entered the room, she saw how they were still in the same position. Finn's arms and legs were wrapped around her as her arm remained up with the handcuffs dangling towards gravity. Finn's frozen face showed pain. He must of really suffered that night. Sasha's was still the same as they found her. Charlotte was gonna find Bayley and she was gonna maul that maniacal bitch. She waited for any updates of their condition but the doctor told her to just go home. They would need some time before they even began to thaw. 

Charlotte returned to the arena and spent the whole time searching for Bayley. By then, she had called the police and an investigation was started. Her fingerprints were scanned matching one out of the two sets of prints on the metal bar. They examined everything! Meanwhile, Bayley was nowhere to be found. She would have to show up at some point. Her job depended on it. So as Charlotte patiently waited throughout the day and eventually till Monday, she began questioning people.

"Look Charlotte I didn't do it!"

"Paige! You have anger issues. Are you sure that wasn't your doing?"

"For fucksakes! I'm a god damn wrestler! I hurt people for a living!"

"You seemed to hurt Finn and Sasha."

"I've only hurt Sasha in the ring! That's what we do! Why would I personally try to kill her?!"

"Look Paige. I'm sorry for pushing you. I'm just trying to solve this."

"Thank you," Paige said relieved.

* * *

"Okay you two. Which one of you did it?"

"Did what?" Brie asked.

"Don't play games with me! I know one of you tried to kill Sasha!" 

"What?!" Nikki yelled surprised.

"Why would we do that?" Brie asked.

"Because you are twins and they always have something up their sleeves."

"This is ridiculous. Let the police do their jobs. They do it properly,"Nikki hissed walking away.

"Does it make you feel guilty that Finn was collateral damage?!"

They froze.

"Finn got hurt too?!" Brie yelled.

Charlotte nodded.

"No! Finny! He's a teddy bear! How could anyone hurt him?!" Brie cried.

"Finn found Sasha handcuffed in a freezing cold room. He sacrificed his body to keep Sasha warm," Charlotte informed.

Charlotte gave up on accusing them. But there was one person who never poked around today.

* * *

"Alright you red headed, straight firing, punny, Irish little twit! Spill the beans!"

Becky dropped her bowl of chili on the floor raising her hands in defence.

"I didn't do it!"

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Why would I hurt Sasha? She was fighting for our right to go into the locker room. Why would I hurt her?"

"I fucking give up," Charlotte stated putting her hand on her forehead.

Becky lowered her hands putting one on Charlotte's shoulder.

"I understand you want to solve this. We all know Bayley did it. She was the only one in the locker room. She is the only one not here. Your girl is Bayley!"

Charlotte sighed.

"You're right. Sorry for accusing you. How can I make it up to you?"

"Well you could get me a new bowl of chili," Becky said looking at the mess.

* * *

Charlotte returned to the hospital only to find out that no progress was made. She then returned the next day. Nothing changed. She returned on Sunday. Charlotte found them both limp on the bed on top of each other. They were still stuck together from the sweat their two bodies generated over that night. They were still unconscious. She was glad the heart monitor showed signs of life. Charlotte grabbed their hands and rubbed them gently.

"You'll be okay. Stay strong you two. I will find Bayley and we will have our revenge."