Chapter 2

I reread the letter many times. My heart dropped and I couldn't retrieve it. Who is this? Who wrote this? What if it's just some prank?

You may have forgotten me but I haven't forgotten you, and all the things you did.

The words burned through my mind and I began to wonder who wrote this.

"Mom? Mom?" I woke up and I checked my surroundings. When did I fall asleep? Was I just dreaming?

"You didn't pick me up from school so I had to walk." Roxanne furrowed her eyebrows in anger and I gasped.

"Oh my God, Rox! I'm really sorry, I didn't even remember falling asleep." My fingers trailed up to my cheeks and I couldn't believe how bad of a mother I seem like now.

"It's okay." I knew it wasn't but she assured me anyway.

"Are you sure you're alright Mom?" Roxanne asked me as she set her bag down and walked over to me.

"Yeah..yeah, I'm alright." I said. No I wasn't. I kept trying to tell myself I was, but I wasn't.

Kayla.

"You've been acting so weird lately. A lot recently." She reminded me of the previous events that happened a while ago.

"No sweetie, I'm fine."

You're Kayla Parker.

You murdered four people and you're trying to hide it, but you can't mask what is real.

"Mhm, okay." She wasn't believing me and she continued to talk.

"So anyway..this girl—" she continues to trail on about her day at school, and I couldn't help but think I didn't do anything today. I got nothing done after that whole letter thing, I fell asleep and I didn't remember why. The words were memorized and planted in my mind and I can't stop thinking about it in my head. Who wrote it? What if they're after me?

Why is my life such a horror?