III

AFTER A MORNING OF STORM SPIRIT'S, goat men, and flying best friends, Aimee should've been losing her mind. Instead,she was stuck laying in Jason's arms like a child with a death vibe pouring off of her in waves.

She sat in back of the chariot with Piper,Leo and Jason, while the bald guy, Butch, handled the reins, and the blond girl, Annabeth, adjusted a bronze navigation device. They rose over the Grand Canyon and headed east, icy wind ripping straight through Aimee's black hoodie. Behind them, more storm clouds were gathering.

The chariot lurched and bumped. It had no seat belts and the back was wide open, so Aimee wondered if Jason would catch her if she fell.
Aimee stared at Piper,she could tell something was bothering her but Aimee couldn't bring herself to ask her. Aimee quickly looked away when Piper looked at her and ended up looking straight at Leo. He was staring at the clouds,his curls looking even messier because of the wind.He looked amazing,Aimee couldn't take her eyes off of him.
Stop it Aimee!! You can't get these feelings,she thought snapping her eyes away from Leo quickly. She felt like she had felt this way before to someone,like she had been hurt before by someone but she couldn't really remember. The fact that she couldn't remember anything really pissed her off.

Apparently she was Leo "girlfriend" but that is the thing,she had never seen him until that moment when she woke up on the bus. As much as she wished that everything was true,she knew it was just a wish.
Aimee sat up slowly and laid her head on Jason's shoulder. Whoever took her memories was going to get their ass kicked when she found them. Aimee looked at Jason: his sky blue eyes, close-cropped blond hair, that little scar on his upper lip. His face was kind and gentle, but always a little sad. And he just stared at the horizon, not even noticing that she had moved. She knew that she had never seen Jason like this,so sad and zoned out. Jason looked down at her as he felt her hug his arm as the pain in her head returned. It felt like someone was messing with her brain with sharp chopsticks. Jason and Piper tried to help make her feel better.

Meanwhile, Leo was being annoying, as usual. "This is so cool!" He spit a pegasus feather out of his mouth. "Where are we going?"

"A safe place," Annabeth said looking back at Aimee who light brown eyes has darkened to be almost black. "The only safe place for kids like us. Camp Half-Blood."

"Half-Blood?" Piper was immediately on guard. She hated that word. She'd been called a half-blood too many times—half Cherokee, half white—and it was never a compliment. "Is that some kind of bad joke?"

Aimee felt that the word half-blood was also a touchy subject to her too but again she couldn't remember why.

"She means we're demigods," Jason said as he rubbed Aimee's back. "Half god, half mortal."

Annabeth looked back. "You seem to know a lot, Jason. But, yes, demigods. My mom is Athena, goddess of wisdom. Butch here is the son of Iris, the rainbow goddess."

Leo choked. "Your mom is a rainbow goddess?"

"Got a problem with that?" Butch said.

"No, no," Leo said. "Rainbows. Very macho."

"Butch is our best equestrian," Annabeth said. "He gets along great with the pegasi."

"Rainbows, ponies," Leo muttered.

"I'm gonna toss you off this chariot," Butch warned. Aimee didn't want to admit it but she was close to throwing Leo over the side of the chariot too.

"Demigods," Piper said. "You mean you think you're ... you think we're—"

Lightning flashed. The chariot shuddered, and Jason yelled, "Left wheel's on fire!"