N I N E T E E N. ↴| ✔

"What the fuck do you mean she's going to die?" Richard roars at Kisa.

"I mean," She starts. "It is written in the books that the one who is taken over by Khaalida will be killed so that she can take over."

"I'm going to die?" I ask in shock.

"Well, yes." She shrugs.

"How can you just stand there and ice queen this shit?" Seth asks, waving at Kisa.

"Is there a way that I can not get possessed by this Khaalida?" I ask, with hope in my voice and she thinks about it for a moment.

"There is a small chance that if you die your soul won't get taken over." She says.

"How do we make sure that happens?" Richard questions.

"In order for her to take control, you have to kill yourself ," She says to me. "But if someone else does, that could disrupt the your fate and Khaalida won't be able to take your soul. It's extremely hard though, Khaalida is very powerful and it's almost impossible to escape her influence."

"But if I die then how do you bring me back?" I question and she thinks about it for a moment.

"I'll have to look into it but for now we need to be worried about other things." She states.

"Before we go any farther I have two questions." I take a deep breath. "Who is Khaalida and how do you know all of this."

"Khaalida is the immortal version of Nafuana." She tells me.

"Nafuana as in the princess warrior Nafuana?" I question. I had heard the story of how Nafuana saved our people from war.

"Yes," She nods. "When Nafuana killed herself, the Goddess of Death, Destruction, and Chaos took over. Turning her into Khaalida."

"Well then how the fuck is she in me?" I question.

"You're of Samoan decent, so she must be one of your ancestors." She says to me and I stare at her. Her eyes look into mine, trying to hide something. A gut feeling tells me that she's lying.

"Can we get back on track now?" Richard asks everyone and Seth nods.

"Seth, we boost the blood, we deliver the goods, and the job is done." Richie tells his brother.

"What job?" Seth asks him.

"Soon you'll know." Kisa states, walking towards him. "In the labyrinth, the trials are constructed from the memories of everyone in it."

"I don't know." Seth says, unsure and shaking his head. "Labyrinth, trials? This whole thing seems like a long way to go to keep a showgirl in a cage."

"It's not just a prison," Richie says and I just now notice his horn rimmed glasses are missing from his face. "It's a test, put here by the lords of the night. Whoever has the purity of mind to withstand the trials will be deemed worthy."

"Of what?" I question.

"No one knows. In five centuries... It's never been done." Santanico says, staring at Seth. My eyes are on Richard. He sees me looking and turns his head away from me.

"Alright." Seth sighs. "When do we start?"

"As soon as I leave." Santanico says walking towards Richard. "I can't go with you. The lords would know that I was there and they don't like cheating."

"No self-respecting God does." Seth mumbles as she walks away.

"Wait," I call out to her. "What about me?"