Chapter One

I know, I know. I'm a year and a half late. Just FYI I've only written one chapter which is this one. I start college in four days and I have no promises of ever finishing this so 🤷‍♀️ read at your own risk xoxo

Jazmine was lying on the sand while the rain pounded down on her overheated skin. She had her eyes covered with sunglasses and was in her typical attire of a sports bra and running shorts. She enjoyed the feeling of rain on her skin and she inhaled deeply taking in all the scents the wind carried.

She had just finished patrol but didn't want to return to her house just yet. She hated the cold, emptiness of it. She hated sitting waiting for Paul to come home so she spent her time on the beach instead.

Nothing had been the same since Mojag had taken his own life and Jazmine wanted to forget the whole thing. The funeral had been huge, people came from all around to support the LaHote's through this painful time. Or so Emily had said. Jazmine hadn't gone. No one from the pack had beside Paul.

Even the Council didn't go, which was unheard of. The truth was Mojag had tried to kill Jazmine and had she been human, he would have succeeded. The pack stood in solidarity with Jazmine and things had become difficult ever since.

Mojag had been mourned by a community who knew what he had done. His faults were forgotten in death but Jazmine couldn't forget, she wouldn't. Paul only came home when he got off patrol and then he changed and went back to his mother's house.

Jazmine would've gone with him but she wasn't allowed. Joy had told Paul to pass on the message. Mojag blamed Jazmine in the short note he left. She wouldn't allow him back to his family, she made him think he was crazy.

So she was public enemy number one to the LaHote's and a stranger to her own imprint. Just when things began to fix themselves between her and Paul they were thrown apart again and Jazmine wondered if they were really supposed to be together.

She inhaled deeply once more before pushing herself up and heading back towards her house. She had a wedding to prepare for.

When she reached her house she shed her wet clothes and made her way into the shower, using up all the hot water. When she got out she wrapped herself up in a towel and went in search of breakfast.

She paused when passing the hamper and found Paul's wet clothes added on top of hers and listened closely. He had been back while she was in the shower and had left before telling her. Jazmine shook her head and poured cereal into a bowl but her hands were shaking too much and it spilled over the counter.

Jazmine tossed bowl and all at the drywall and watched it crack. Her anger overwhelmed her and she forced herself not to phase, gripping the counter until it cracked in her hand. She pursed her lips and tilted her head back so she was looking up and fighting the tears in her eyes.

When she had successfully managed not to cry she gave up on breakfast and returned to getting ready for the wedding. She sat at her vanity and stared at her reflection. She started with her hair, straightening it slowly and carefully. She'd have to get Emily to cut it soon, her fur was becoming an issue, getting caught in foliage.

She kept her make up simple, a nude lip and soft browns on her eyes. Her dress was a nude, lace Bardot dress and she had picked it out with Rachel shortly after receiving the invitation to Bella and Edward's wedding. When she had her dress on she found a pair of heels and tugged them on. She stood two inches over Paul in these and he'd hate them if they were out together.

Lastly, she added a leather jacket over her dress and took in her appearance in the mirror once more. She caught sight of movement over her shoulder and found Paul standing in the door.