Another Day

I remember this one time when I was a kid, I was in the car with my mom and husband #2, we were driving home from Disney Land, it was an 18-hour drive but I didn't care, I was finally going to meet Mickey. I remember feeling safe so I closed my eyes, I was so sleepy and I just wanted to be there already, I was dreaming about what I wanted to tell Mickey.... but then a car hit us...I was thrown against the window....my head hurt.... I never got to meet Mickey.

Every breath I take hurts, it feels like I'm under water and I'm trying to breath. I try and think of what happen but there is this florescent light that is blinding and disrupting my thoughts. My eyes slowly flutter open and I look around, bright walls, loud noises, and that god awful smell of bacteria wipes...I'm at a hospital. Looking to my right I notice a large bandage over my shoulder, I try to move it but a blinding pain shots from my shoulder, the pain attacks my whole body and leaves me breathless. I take a deep breath trying to remain calm, I'm in a large hotel room and I instantly can tell it's one of their suits, and I do not what to know what Christian is paying for it. To my right I see a door which I presume is the bathroom, next to the door is a chair which has a suit jacket on it, but the jacket has something on it. Squinting I realize it is dried blood, my mouth runs dry. I turn looking straight ahead and I see the door, there's a little window and I try peering out of it but the window is just too small and I'm too far away. Turning I glance to my left and there's.... Elliot? I blink a few times but it is, Elliot is fast asleep in the chair next to my bed. My head is pounding and I don't remember every detail from last night. I chew on my lip trying to think but all I am remember is that loud noise...the noise that was a gunshot. I open my mouth to call out to Elliot but I just end up coughing, my mouth feels like someone ran sand paper up and down it. Carefully moving my left hand up I press the nurse call button, looking around I try to find something I can throw at Elliot but unfortunately the Kleenex box is on my right side...shit. Counting to 89 the nurse finally walks in, quickly I scan the outside area and there I catch a glimpse of Christian who looks disheveled and is yelling at someone on the phone, his back is to me so he doesn't realize I'm awake. Looking at her she is a young woman in her 20s, she's pretty with long strawberry blond hair and sparkling blue eyes.

"Hello Mrs. Grey my name is Amelia" and my goodness she has an Australian accent, and her body looks like she is an instructor at soul cycle. If this was any other situation I would be extremely jealous. But this situation does not call for jealousy, it calls for her helping me to the washroom before my bladder combusts.

I try to speak but I end up in a coughing fit "W-water?" I ask. Pretty Amelia walks over and puts a few ice chips in my mouth...this is not water I want to yell at her but it does the job.

Without me asking Amelia answers my question

"Mrs. Grey you have been shot in your right shoulder, the bullet went in and lodged itself, we had to go in and remove it before it could shift and cause major damage. Luckily there was not much damage, you will just need to take it easy for a few weeks and stay in the cast, and depending on the healing you could be looking at physical therapy." I look at her trying to take it all in but I was too focused on trying to spot Christian again.

"How is my husband?" I ask nervous

Amelia looks over and nods "you saved his life Mrs. Grey, if you didn't push him out of the way the bullet would of went right through his chest."

I swallow and I know Christian won't look at it that way, he will look at it like it's his fault. Shaking my head, I reach for another ice chip. I point to the jacket and raise my brow "and the dried blood?" Amelia looks at the jacket and her eyes look down "Um, Mr Grey was holding you when you came in last night, it is your blood Mrs." I frown sadly, my poor fifty he must have been in hell last night.