War

Meliodas POV

Elizabeth and I had decided to go for a walk, leaving the rest of the sins and Hawk behind with the excuse that we needed to get some more berries, as Elizabeth had eaten all of the strawberries saying that they were her favourite- which wasn't a complete lie, they are her favourite but she hadn't eaten all of them, yet. We sat by the cliff side looking over the undeniable view of the town below us. Hawk's mum definitely chose the best spots to stay which has the best views. We then got up and walked further into the forest and found a spot full of different kinds of berries, it was like you could walk past here and mistake it for a breath-taking rainbow that usually loomed above. I sat and let Elizabeth pick some berries. The sun had become drastically warmer than what it was this morning. So I decided to walk to the tavern to get a drink for myself and Elizabeth, when I came back she was singing so beautifully and full of emotion it was difficult not to just stand there and listen;

I see your monsters,

I see your pain,

Tell me your problems,

I'll chase them away,

I'll be your lighthouse,

I'll make it OK,

When I see your monsters I'll stand there so brave,

And chase them all away,

My eyes widened at the song, the words were just so true. My demonic nature was something that usually scared people away, but the sins -and Elizabeth especially- were different. Instead of pushing them away it just drew them closer. She kept me safe and calm, just thinking of her was enough to set my mind at ease, even in the darkest moment. I leanend against the tree and listened as she continued with the melody.

In the dark we, we,

We stand apart we, we,

Never see that the things we need are staring right at us,

You just want to hide, hide, hide,

Hide never show your smile, smile,

Stand alone when you need someone it's the hardest thing of all,

That you see are the bad, bad, bad,

Bad memories take your time and you'll find me,

I see your monsters,

I see your pain,

Tell me your problems,

I'll chase them away,

I'll be your lighthouse,

I'll make it OK,

When I see your monsters I'll stand there so brave,

And chase them all away...

She turned around and looked at me, "Sorry Sir Meliodas, I guess I didn't notice you there!" she exclaimed blushing furiously, but I just continued looking on at her astonished, her voice was beautiful, so full of warmth and love, always creating a smile to form on my face. I guess I wasn't ready for something that angelic to come out of her, yet she had never sung before, so I guess you could also say that she has a beautiful hidden talent.

"I guess it was that bad huh?" she giggled, "My bad..." she continued while raising her hands. How could she think that was in any way bad at all? If I didn't know she was a Goddess I would be able to tell by the harmony that had just left her soft lips. "Elizabeth, you really should put more confidence in yourself, that was just... stunning, to say the least! I can't even put in context what I had just heard!" I reasoned. She smiled and her cheeks went back to the flaming red that usually coloured her porcelain face. "Who was that song for?" I questioned intrigued as I perched on a rock right leg bent up as I use it as a head rest and I let my left leg swing gently to the soft breath of the wind. "Well..." she began "I guess it is true Sir Meliodas. If you're in trouble or your running from yourself I will always be here to show you how good it is to be you, as there is no better person you can be. I know how afraid you get because of your powers, and to be honest, you can be scary at times, but I guess that is just because it is your demons way of showing that it does actually care, and does want to protect us. But I also want you to know that you can trust me, and even though I know you won't want me to, I will put my life on the line to get you back to where you need to be." again I stood dumbfounded by what had just came out of her innocent mouth. I didn't realize she cared so much, but then again I hadn't realized how much my feelings had developed for her over this short period of time that we have been together. I have look at her in a whole different light than what I usually do with women. Usually it's whether they are hot or not, but with Elizabeth I see a warm heart before I see her features that make her 'appealing', the only reason I grope her, is to see her blush and to have a laugh- she hasn't ever told me to stop either, so I am assuming that she likes it as much as I do. I start laughing at the thought and Elizabeth looks at me as if I'm mad, though I may as well be as she got me feeling a certain way about her that I had never thought attainable. She stood up and began her short journey towards where I sat, and I hold out my hand to help her onto the rock that I am sitting upon. Kindly taking the gesture I pulled her up and we sat together looking towards the captivating view in front of us once again, each time successfully bewitching us with the spell of adoration for the scene.