Pieces Of Broken Memories

~Chiyuki~

It was a cold December morning, there was a young women, her deep black hair swayed gently in the wind as she walked. Her head was titled upwards and her eyes seemed to reflect the pink tinted sky. All she could hear was the low murmur of vehicles in the distance and the birds' sorrowful song. The snowflakes on her dark blue coat, almost looked like stars in a night sky. She walked into her workplace and smiled at the receptionist.

"Good morning Chiyuki!!" She gleamed happily at Chiyuki.
"Good morning Hiyori! " Chiyuki smiled brightly trying to match her smile.

Chiyuki began to walk towards the shiny elevator doors, and waited patiently. She was humming a song, a song that her mother used to sing when she was young.
The doors open wide. Chiyuki fell silent, and her face was painted with sadness. Her eyes looked pained, as if her eyes were in sync with the ever-changing sky. She hesitated before walking into the elevator. She was struck with a mixture of sadness and confusion. She felt a familiar tear fall down her cheek and quickly wiped it away in annoyance. She had this longing feeling that consumed her, like she forgot something important. Chiyuki sighed and shook her head, in attempt of composing herself.

"Maybe I should tell my boss that I'm ill " Chiyuki muttered to herself as she sat down at her desk.

" Hey Chiyuki!! " Shiro said in delight as she hugged Chiyuki.

" Hey Shiro! " Chiyuki said, trying to muster whatever smile she could.

Shiro's smile fell away immediately.

" Chiyuki are you okay? " Shiro asked with a worried expression on her face.

" yeah, I just feel a little unwell" Chiyuki smiled reassuringly.

"okay, just let me know if you need anything" Shiro smiled brightly.
"thank you" Chiyuki smiled happily.

As Chiyuki walked home, her hair whipping in the wind, she stopped.
"What did I forget? Who did I forget? " She sighed in exasperation. She continued to walk and all she could hear was the murmur of vehicles and the pounding of her thoughts.

"Maybe someday, I will remember you..."