March: "We'll Always Have Paris"

Song for the chapter: Paris - Magic Man

I hauled my bag off of the carousel and checked my watch. Smiling, I saw from the corner of my vision Lydia struggling to maneuver her carry-on over her shoulder so she could pick up her suitcase that was coming down the carousel. I wheeled my bags over next to her and left them at her side. I hoisted her suitcase, which was significantly heavier than mine, up off the baggage claim and over to her.

"I don't get how yours is lighter than mine," She huffed, staring down at my suitcase and matching carry-on.

"It's just distributed a little more evenly," I assured her, tucking my hair behind my ear. "Plus, I'll most definitely be buying more clothes while we're out here."

"Same here, I just hope my suitcase doesn't pass the limit," Lydia mused.

"Worst comes to worst, we'll just get another suitcase and split the fees for it." Lydia was no longer paying attention to me, but instead was staring at all the people around us. The women who had cell phones clutched in their hands, wheeling baby strollers down to the line of taxis, donning Burberry scarves that matched their husbands.

"Hmm, I see why you changed on the plane," She considered, "People dress significantly better over here."

I grinned, linking arms with her, "Well it's a good thing you have nothing to worry about, then

I grinned, linking arms with her, "Well it's a good thing you have nothing to worry about, then." She smiled at me and bent down to grab her bags. I did the same, and together, we wheeled them out of the baggage claim area and into arrivals. Lydia cocked her head in confusion as I scanned the signs for the taxi stop.

"What, no customs? No stamps?" I shrugged, tucking my passport into my bag and pulling out my wallet and sunglasses.

"A lot of countries in Europe don't really do that anymore," I explained, finally spotting the exit to the taxis. Grabbing my stuff, I looked back at Lydia and stopped. Her face seemed a bit disappointed, and I stopped.

"You really wanted that stamp, didn't you?"

"More than I thought I did," She confessed, and I smiled.

"You know they stamp when you leave, right?" Was all that needed to be said before Lydia snapped back to reality. Her posture was straight, and she followed beside me with an effortless grace that most of the people around her carried, save for the tourists.

We climbed into the cab, and I gave the driver the address for the hotel. The smile could not be wiped off my face as we departed from Charles de Gaulle, and headed into the heart of Paris. If possible, my grin grew wider as I glanced down at my phone about twenty minutes into the car ride.

This is going to be the loneliest spring break ever. And I've been single for all the other ones.

Nearly laughing, I typed my response:

I'll be sure to make it up to you when I get back. What are you doing until then?

I switched over to the conversation with Ginny, explaining to her that Lydia and I were headed to the hotel. I barely pressed 'send' when I got a response from Stiles.