Hospitals Suck but Chimeras are Worse

Stiles took Malia back to his house so they could add some things to Stiles' murder board. Both of them were reluctant to leave me behind after the breakdown I had over Lydia, but I ushered them away regardless. My mind wasn't clear, I could hardly focus on much at all, and I knew I would be of little help to whatever investigation we were ensuing. Scott and Kira, both looking beat after tonight's events, headed home as well, leaving me completely alone in the hospital. Well, almost alone.

"Are you sure you're gonna be alright?" Theo asked me, staring intently at the butterfly bandages stuck to my forehead.

I nodded, "Ginny's on her way with some clothes and a healing potion, I'll be just fine, thanks." Despite Stiles's ever helpful comfort, my whole body was still shaking after tonight.

"Okay. Just - just drink some water, or something, I guess," I smiled minutely, nodding in acknowledgement. He turned to leave but before he got to the doors, I called out to him.

"What made you think of the tourniquet?"

He shrugged, "I dunno, I'd seen it all the time in movies and figured it had to be somewhat accurate."

I crossed my arms and brought my thumbnail to my mouth. "Thank you," I murmured softly. When he looked like he didn't hear me, I removed my thumb and repeated myself, "Thank you for saving her life."

He smiled, "It's nothing." I didn't argue back as he turned and exited the hospital.

Ginny arrived about twenty minutes later, carrying a fresh pair of clothes and a worried expression plastered on her face. She fawned, checking every single scratch that was visible on my body. Eventually, while I appreciated the gesture, I had to push her away. I was not the one who should have been coddled. Feeling her warm hands on my skin seemed to immediately calm me down, however, for the shaking decreased immensely.

"How is she?"

"Melissa said she was gonna be alright," I informed her, bringing my hand back up to my mouth, "We were cutting it close, but she's gonna pull through."

"But you're not convinced," She could read me like a book. I shut my eyes.

"It's not that I don't trust the word of medical professionals..." I couldn't really begin to explain the kind of state I was in.

"You just need to see it for yourself," Ginny finished for me and I nodded, looking her directly in the eye.

"Ginny, it was almost identical to Allison," I whispered, "I mean - that was all I could see was her and Allison, and I just couldn't - I couldn't let it happen again. Not - not to Lydia. Not to anybody. I'd rather it be me than see anyone else I love die."

"June Child you stop saying that. Right now," Ginny snapped angrily. "You do not have the luxury of saying such a thing when you are all that I have. So stop thinking that way and stop it for good. You focus on being here for Lydia." My eyes were wide when she spoke, and all I could do was nod. She nodded back, "Good. Now I take it you're not gonna be home for the evening?"

"Not until she's out of the hospital," I answered, turning back towards the doors she was wheeled through. Natalie Martin sure was taking her time in coming back out here to inform us of what was going on.

"Your phone charger is tucked in between your clothes, call me if you need anything else. Or call Stiles, maybe he can help me swing your car over if need be."

I hugged her goodbye, and turned to look at my surroundings. Seeing as it was still the middle of the night, the hospital wasn't as busy as it could've been. I trudged over to a cluster of chairs and sank down into one. After the satisfying feeling of sitting down radiated through my bones, it occurred to me that this was probably the first time I had sat down after all the events of tonight. I hugged the clothing tighter to me as I waited for anyone to walk back through those doors.