Enhancement

Title: Enhancement

Genre/Subgenre: Science Fiction/Dystopian

Story Link: Click Here

Status: Complete

Written Byscifiwriter 

Tags Used: dystopia dystopian futuristic genetics hungergames near-future pfcc2k16 sci-fi society utopian utopia wattpadblockparty wattys2015

Summary:

Welcome to the nation. Welcome to the place where everything is monitored... everything is portioned... everything is perfectly under control...

Everything except the SkyTrain Holland Renner was aboard.

In a matter of seconds, Holland finds herself in a world she didn't know existed. Before, she was free within limits. Now, she's one of 400 others. Before, Holland was at least human. Now, she's not so sure. All she knows is that she needs to endure and survive.

But what does this have to do with SkyTrain 267-B?

Cover Copy:

Review:

I have always been one to love dystopian/utopian-gone-wrong novels, especially if there is a love story involved. When I came across Enhancement, you could imagine that I was a very happy person.

Straight away, we are placed into a strict world where everything must be in perfect order, one slip and you could find yourself in the torture palace of Enhancement Project. Holland and Stephen are characters who find themselves rebelling against the society in which they were raised.

I loved this book because it had elements of horror, action, love and so much more that just keeps the reader waiting, wanting to read on forever.

I found it slightly different to other dystopian novels in that it is more tragic, however I came to the realisation that not every dystopian novel has to work against the opposition's favour all the time. This is a great portrayal of that, especially since Holland and Stephen are placed in such an overwhelming, controlling society.

I really cannot get over how much I adored this book. I find it hard to read books that are not entertaining. I'm usually a very slow reader because I like to allow time for everything to sink in but Enhancement was so entertaining that it kept me on the edge of my seat and I read it in a day.

If you love dystopian/scifi/utopian stories, I recommend this book entirely. You will not be disappointed.

ReviewerSparklestydia