Chapter Eight

What did you think about Jaython? He's in love with Kaida.... Haha. Sorry it took so long to update. This is a big chapter. Big. Huge. Enormous! Gigantic! The biggest chapter ever!

Fallon's POV

He glared at the wall across from him, silently accusing it of a crime that it could not possible have committed. But that did not stop his anger.

With a shout of rage, his punched his arm through the offensive wall and grimaced slightly at the sound his hand made as the bones cracked inside.

It had been fifteen days since he had put Kaida in solitude and she had still yet to fully break!

Granted, her sanity wasn't all there. But she wasn't how he wanted her. Not yet, anyways. He was running out of time. By now, people had to have some type of idea of what was going on. He was losing the element of surprise.

With another cry of anger, he slammed his hand into the wall again.

Over and over he did that until there was a gaping hole. He did not stop there. He forced himself to continue, even as the bones in his hand shattered and poked through his skin.

Fallon only stopped when blood began to trickle down onto the carpet. His favorite one.

He sighed in frustration. Even with magick, blood was hard to remove from things.

With another angry sigh, he shoved the carpet away exposing the hard stone of the floor. It was stained with the blood of all the years. He had tried to get rid of most of it, but it wouldn't budge. So eventually, he had just given up. What did he care if there were blood stains on the ground?

"Sir?" He heard a soft voice ask from behind him.

With a growl of frustration, he turned around.

Standing there was a beautiful girl with soft and shiny golden blonde hair that shimmered as it caught the light of the candles. Her eyes were the same color as fresh spring grass. Her skin was like peaches and cream and she was dressed in a soft white slip.

Fallon blinked his eyes several times, still staring at her. She looked like an angel in all of her purity and he walked over to her.

"Amira?" He whispered softly, reaching out with his hand to touch her face.

The beautiful girl smiled sadly at him and nodded ever so slightly. It caused her hair to fall in front of her face and he brushed it away.

"Hello, Fallon," she whispered in the same voice. If the wind had a voice, he imagined it would sound like hers. It was soft and gentle and you could almost feel the words touch you when she spoke.

"Amira," he said again, pulling her into a gentle hug as if he was scared that he would break her. And he might. She felt so paper thin.

They stayed like that for a while and Fallon inhaled deeply. She smelled the same. Like happiness and spring. While Fallon was as cold as winter and as dark as night, Amira was as warm as spring and as bright as day. Her smile felt better than sunlight and he eyes shone brighter than the sun. She was everything he had ever wanted. Everything he had ever craved. She was the one who had been there for him. The one who had saved him from himself. The one who had saved him from Nolan...

Amira suddenly pulled away, her eyes sad. Her skin was peeling away from her face and her eyes were losing their light. She was dying right in front of him!

"Amira!" He cried, grabbing her arm.

"I'm sorry," she whispered in a voice that had once sounded like the wind, but now sounded like death. Her hair began to turn gray and fall out her head and her eyes shriveled up. Soon her nose disappeared along with the rest of her skin and all that stood in front of him was a skeleton.

Fallon shut his eyes tightly and when he opened them again, Amira was gone and a serving girl with brown hair and hazel eyes stood before him where Amira once stood.

"Sir?" She asked softly.

"What do you want?" He snapped angrily.

"I wanted to know if you would like some more tea. I asked you earlier and you didn't reply. Is everything alright?" The serving girl asked. Her voice did not sound like the wind. It was ugly and flat and lifeless and he felt rage consume him.

"I"m fine," he said. The rage in his chest burned brighter and, before he could control himself, he set the girl on fire with a flick of his hand.

She let out a scream of pain and Fallon watched her as she whimpered and screamed, held in place by an invisible force. It brought him joy to watch her as the flesh melted off of her body slowly and painfully and as her hair burned away. She continued to scream and he kept her alive just long enough for her to look in the mirror to see herself as a skeleton and to watch the remaining flesh melt off.

The serving girl let out a scream of horror and a wail of pain and, when Fallon felt that she'd had enough, he let her die.

Jaython entered the room. His hair was messy and his clothing was rumpled.

"Is everything alright?" He aked, looking at Fallon who let out a grin.

"Everything is perfectly fine, Jaython. Now, let's go see Kaida," he said. He felt much better. Amira was gone. It didn't matter. He couldn't bring her back and he didn't want her back. If she saw what he had become, it would kill her. But he liked how he was. He was strong and powerful and every person that he killed made him stronger.

"O-okay," Jaython said, turning to leave.

"Have someone clean this mess up and get rid of the smell. Burning flesh never smells good," Fallon said flippantly.

Jaython simply nodded and left, leaving Fallon to follow. Soon, Kaida would be broken and would be his weapon. The thought sent a thrill through him. Just a matter of time. Maybe he could get her to kill. That would snap her sanity.

Feeling better than he had in a long time, he entered the cell where Kaida was...