Careless Mistakes(A Liam Payne FanFic/Niam Love Story)

Liam's POV- Past

" Sophia! I'm home!" I call out as I step inside our house. I look around when I don't see her sitting on the couch or walking towards me. I slide off my coat and place my keys in the small copper bowl near the table, worried.

" Sophia?" I call out, wondering where she is. I hear some commotion go on upstairs and I rush over to the staircase and run up. I swing our bedroom door open. Empty. I push open the closet door. No one in there. I turn around and open the bathroom door to see Sophia staring outside, her eyes filled with worry and happiness. I let out a sigh of relief and Sophia turns around.

" Oh! You're home early," Sophia greets, rubbing the back of her neck nervously. I step forward and look around, trying to find any clues about why Sophia is so nervous.

" Liam," Sophia states and I stop looking around. I look straight at Sophia and smile as she breaks out into a smile. I see her take a deep breath in and she gives me a worried look.

"I'mdregrnant," she mumbles and I lean closer.

" Louder please," I ask nicely and Sophia takes a step back.

" I'm pregnant," she states clearly and I feel myself break out into a smile. Sophia stares down at the ground, her eyes clouded with worry. My smile falls and I walk over to Sophia, taking her hands in mine.

" Baby, what's wrong?" I ask, and Sophia looks up at me with surprise.

" You're not mad?" She asks and I shake my head.

" Why would I be mad?" I ask, confused. I thought Sophia knew that I've always wanted a child. I guess not. I make the smile reappear on my face, causing Sophia to smile. I let go of her hands, letting mine fall to my sides. We walk out of the bathroom and downstairs.

" Have you told anyone else yet?" I ask, walking into the kitchen.

" Only El and Perrie," Sophia replies. I pull out a water bottle and twist the cap off. I put the opening nof the bottle against my mouth and gulp down mothfuls of the icy liquid. I take it away from my mouth and twist the cap back on, walking out into the living room. Sophia already has her phone out and is smiling.

" Who are you talking to?" I ask, and she turns to me. Her eyes fill with fear and guilt and I tilt my head to one side, confused.

" I've got to go," Sophia states into the phone and she hangs up, slipping her phone back in her pocket. I sit down on the couch next to her and she rests her hand on her stomach, a small smile growing on her face. I smile slightly and excitement  runs through my blood. In 9 months, we're either going to have a little girl or a little boy to call our own. I can spoil him or her rotten. If it's a girl, I can take her with us to our concerts, and she can see the boys over and over again. If it's a boy, I can take him to Louis' football games and take him to see the boys to play football.

" Liam? You're zoning out," Sophia's voice snaps me back into reality.

"Oh, sorry," I apologize and Sophia nods. I smile and take out my phone out, dialing Niall's number. He's my best friend, and I want to break the news with him first.

" Hello?" Niall's voice is soft, but raspy because of rehursals. I wince and I hear Niall breathing on the other end.

" Niall, it's Liam," I state and smile at Sophia, who has drifted to sleep.

" Oh! Hi Liam!" Niall exclaims, his voice laced with happiness. My smile grows and I take a deep breath in.

" Niall, Sophia's pregnant," I quickly say, the excitement clear in my voice.

" Oh... t-that's great Liam. I-I'm very happy for you two," Niall states, the happiness absent from his voice. I hear a click and the line goes dead. Niall hung up on me. He's never done that before. I sigh and dial Louis' number, and he answers after a few seconds.

" Liam? We already know," Louis states before I can say anything.

" Oh..well, okay then. Bye, I guess," I manage to reply before hanging up. What's going on with everyone today?

~~~~~

Liam's POV- 9 months later

3 months ago, we learned that we're having a girl. Sophia was elated and we just finished the room a few weeks ago. I sigh heavily and flop onto the couch, exhausted. I just went through all the clothes and sorted them, then I had to set up the crib, the stroller, and the pack-n-play. Sophia is up in our room, sprawled out on the bed. I close my eyes and rest my head on the pillow.

" LIAM! ITS TIME!" Sophia shrieks from upstairs and I shoot up, grabbing my shoes. I slip them on and run out to the car. I swing the door open and start up the car, and once I have it started, I run back inside to see Sophia walking towards the door. I grab her arm and lead her quickly, but carefully, to the car, where she slides into the passenger seat. I run around and jump into the driver's seat and back out of the driveway. I turn the wheel and switch gears so now I go forward. I speed down the road and we're at the hospital quicker than I thought we would be. I get out of the car and rush over to Sophia's side and grab her hand. We quickly walk inside the hospital and I let go of Sophia's hand to run to the reception desk.

" May I help you?" A woman with chocolate brown hair asks.

" My girlfriend is in labour," I reply quickly and the woman nods. She presses a button on her desk and a doctor walks out quickly and makes a beeline straight for Sophia and I. He doesn't talk when he reaches us, he only motions us to follow him. Sophia and I follow him down a series of hallways and into a decent sized room. The doctor goes over some things with Sophia and when she nods, he leaves.

----------------

1 hour later- Niall's POV

I sigh as I walk down the last hallway before reaching Sophia's room. Liam called about a half an hour ago saying that Sophia had given birth, so I decided to come see the little girl the boys and I will be spoiling. I hold my gift, a mini football, close to my chest as I knock on the doorframe of Sophia's room. I look inside to see that she's asleep, and Liam is holding a bundle of pink blankets in his arms. When I knock, he looks up at me and smiles, and I step in. I set my gift down and walk over to Liam, who turned his gaze back on his little girl.

" Niall, this is Trinity Rose Payne, my new daughter," Liam introduces, a proud smile plastered on his face. I smile at Liam, glancing from him to Trinity and back at Liam again. I glance over at Sophia, jealousy running through my blood. Soon, the rest of the boys file in, and they all crowd around Trinity. I look away, and I feel a familiar gaze burning into the back of my head. Louis' gaze. He's the only one who knows my little secret.

That I love my best friend in the whole world.

That person has no idea and I know will never love me back.

That I love Liam James Payne, the one who just had a daughter with someone else.