Why Me?

Liam's POV- 2 years later

" Higher Daddy!"  Two year old Trinity giggles and I smile at her. I throw her higher into the air than I did last time. I catch her and she laughs, her blue eyes full of happiness.

" Where's Mommy?" Trinity asks and I actually don't know. Soon my phone rings and I put Trinity down, taking the phone out of my pocket and answering it.

" Hello?" I answer as I put the phone up to my ear. I hear shallow breathing on the other end and I stand up, leaving Trinity on the ground.

" Hello?" I repeat, and the breathing stops. I hear a sigh replace it and I sit down on the couch, growing impatient.

" Liam, it's Sophia," Sophia finally says. I hear guilt but happiness in her voice.

" Where are you Sophia?" I ask, grabbing a small box off the coffee table. I hear another sigh and I shuffle the box in my free hand.

" Liam, I'm with someone else. I love someone else," she blurts out and my heart shatters. The box slips out of my hand and falls to the ground, but I don't pick it up. I feel tears escape my eyes and the other line goes dead. I throw my phone and it lands next to Trinity, who's staring at me. I bury my face in my hands and let the tears fall freely, soaking my palms.

" Daddy, where's Mommy?" Trinity asks and I lift my head up, staring straight into my daughter's bright blue eyes.

" Mommy isn't coming back," I state plainly and hurt fills Trinity's eyes as tears stream down her face.

" N-No more M-Mommy?" She stutters and I pick her up, resting her on my lap. I shake my head, and more tears pour out. I feel a small hand wipe across my cheek, wiping all the tears away. I smile slightly and wipe away Trinity's tears. I hug her closely and she hugs back tightly.

" I love you, Daddy," She whispers and closes her eyes, her head resting against my chest. She smiles and keeps her tiny arms wrapped around me, like she never wanted to let go. I'm all she has now. She's all I have now. We only have each other now.