Chapter 4: Welcome to Hell

Chapter 4 " The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." -Mahatma Gandhi

            I found myself sitting on my butt for the rest of the day eating ice cream and feeling sorry for myself. Both Phil and Dan were gone somewhere so I was stuck at home going through Netflix marathons, I was being the laziest person alive, wearing my pajamas and my hair up in a bun snuggled in some blankets.

            I heard my phone buzz for the fifth time and finally got irritated enough to read it.

            They were all from PJ.

            PJ: Phoebe, look I'm sorry, but I can't lose my friend over a girl I just met.

            PJ: Phil is an amazing guy, anyone would be lucky to have him. Please, I really just want to be friends, you're an amazing girl, but I just was out of line kissing you like that, I was caught up in the moment, if you think about it you probably are too. I mean we're like stars to you or something.

            PJ: God, I'm such an ass I can't believe I said that. You were probably just caught up in the moment like me.  

            PJ: Are you even there?

            PJ: Phoeb, please answer, I just want to make sure you're alright.

            I began to type something back but my fingers paused over the send button and then I erased the message before I sent anything. I thought about it again, really I was being quite childish. He was just some guy, and he was right, maybe I should give Phil a try, after all he actually liked me. I began to form a text again and sent it.

            Me: Hi Peej, sorry, I was just irritated, I know you're just trying to do what's best, but sometimes what's best sucks. Let's just be friends, we were moving too fast anyways.

            It hurt, sending that text.

            PJ: Good :) friends are good.

            Me: Night Peej :)

            PJ: Night Phoeb :)

            I wasn't going to bed, instead I grabbed my computer and checked all my social media, my popularity had grown immensely more than 1,000 people following me on everything. It was amazing.

            BANGG! SHAAMP. Something had crashed against the door.

            "Get up... you.. doof." I heard a wobbly deep voice remark.

            I sprinted towards the door, and glanced out of the peep hole. It was Dan and Phil. I whipped open the door and Phil fell back onto the ground.

            "What the hell? Are you two drunk?" I demanded.

            Phil looked up at me from the ground. "I'm not.. drunk.." he barely managed.

            "Sit your ass up, Philip!" I yelled, "you get in here too Daniel."

            "Yes mum," Dan sneered.  

            Then I painfully pulled Phil up off the ground and inside. I closed and locked the door behind me.

            "Bathroom now, go brush your teeth and change."

            They then did exactly what I said. Dan finished and headed towards his room to go sleep. Phil on the other hand went straight to the kitchen. I followed him.

            He began to make some coffee.

            "Oh no Mister," I said taking it away from him, "just some bedtime tea for you." I then began to make some tea while he sat at the dining room chair. I brought him a cup a tea and some cookies. And he quickly devoured them.

            "Time for bed."

            He stood up and grabbed his computer.

            "Sleep. Now," I said putting his computer down and grabbing his hand then leading him towards his room.

            He crawled into his bed, and as I went to turn out the lights and close the door, I heard him whisper something. "What's that?" I asked quietly.

            "Please stay in here, Phoebe, I don't sleep well alone."

            "Phil, sweetie, I shouldn't, you're drunk, you don't know what you're saying."

            "I'm drunk, but I'm not mental, I want you to come sleep with me."

            Never in my wildest dreams had this ever happened to me. But now it was coming true. I walked over to his bed, my plan was to stay until he fell asleep, then I'd go back out to the couch. I laid down in his nice, comfy, squishy bed, then I felt his arms wrap around me. Damnit. Then, embraced by his warmth, I quickly fell asleep.